PDA

View Full Version : doc visits

melvin
07-02-13, 21:20
hi guys
just wanded if any bodys doctor has told them that they have to cut back on how many visits they can make
i dont go that much to be honest but for the last 2 months iv been about 7 times with a stiff neck and sorethroat they keep putting it down to anxiety in fact iv seen arond 4 docs who all say the same thing but haveing health anxiety i do worry

Ribbit
07-02-13, 22:30
Hi Melvin,

As far as I'm aware there are no limits to how many times you can visit the doctors - did they say you'd have to cut back?

sarahsarah
07-02-13, 23:18
Hi Melvin,

You can in theory go as many times as you like. However, I'd like to think that if I were going to my docs a lot, someone would notice and realise I may have HA. Have you told any of the docs at your practice that you worry about your health a lot?

When I had my first and worst bout of HA, I remember chatting to you and your kind words and comments definitely made me feel better. xx

melvin
08-02-13, 05:46
thanks for your replys guys yes they know i have a ha and yes she said they would look at restricting my appointments to be honest i feel i dont go alot. i feel its unfair iv had neck pain for around 2 months now but they will not send me for a scan just keep saying stress iv gone pravate for massages etc but still got it im sure they just read the screen and think o hes got ha

Eek
08-02-13, 06:24
My doctor suggested that I didn't go as often, but it was mainly for my own good as I'd had loads of tests done over a short period of time and he felt it wasn't helping my health anxiety. But I went along again recently and he was fine, didn't treat me any different or turn me away or anything. Maybe that's what your doctor is thinking.