PDA

View Full Version : Bonjour from a newbie

RuthH
07-02-13, 22:04
Hi all :) My name's Ruth & I've just come across your wonderfully informative site - thank you for letting me join.

I've just today been prescribed fluoxetine due to depression & anxiety bought on by the perimenopause mainly. I suffered recurring depression during my teens (many years ago - I'm 48 this month) and then suffered a complete breakdown in 1989 at the age of 24. Since recovering I've been pretty much ok until the hormones started their juggling act & have been getting progressively worse over the past 12 months. I'm not particularly relishing the idea of anti d's (I've been taking 5HTP for many years & have always found this to be adequate) but needs must - at the mo I feel like I'm losing the plot so anything is worth a try right now

Anways, sorry for waffling - that's me in a nutshell:)

nomorepanic
07-02-13, 22:15
Hi RuthH

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Annie0904
07-02-13, 22:15
Hi Ruth :welcome:

California Girl
07-02-13, 22:55
Hi Ruth, welcome :hugs:

Baggs
07-02-13, 23:04
Hi Ruth,
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Charlie11
08-02-13, 08:20
Hi:welcome:Ruth

I also take fluoxetine 60mgs. This is a great site with lots of helpful info and advice.:)

Wolfie
08-02-13, 09:25
Welcome to the site, Ruth! :)

Granny Primark
08-02-13, 10:32
Welcome Ruth.
Youl find this site and its members invaluable to you like most have us have.