PDA

View Full Version : Been to dentist

Em.ma
08-02-13, 17:08
Just had a dental check up.
I have a jammed wisdom tooth it can't come through anymore.
It's painless and I rarely feel it their.
He said it was fine to leave unless I get repeated infections then it would come out.
I've never had an infection their. He said keep the area clean.
Obvisoly as soon as he said this I left and got pain in the area! Funny how the mind works.
Bit worried as I was gripping my t shirt with nerves at him just poking my gum with this little metal thing.
I don't do needles! I passed out with the Hpv jab I had in my arm a few years ago.
I've never had anything medical done to me. Not even a blood test done. So am worried if it will have to come out I will break down in tears

leeiii
08-02-13, 17:24
i had 2 bad wisdom tooth, they both grown sidesways and stick into my cheek, i dnt have a Nhs dentis so couldent have it sorted, one did become painfull so was able to see a nhs dentis that way, i feared the needle, i layed on the chair knowing the needle was about to go into my gums and to my shock i hardly felt it, the tooth pain went away and that made it all worth it,the needle i feared came a blessing that day, i told them about fear and they understood and think they had there own calming way of dealing with me since i wasnt there 1st person worried about it.

Em.ma
08-02-13, 17:59
Hiya.
He said mine was fine at the moment and to come back in nine months unless any problems :)

mrs way to worried
09-02-13, 15:14
ive had 4 normal teeth and 3 wisdoms pulled , all were fine didnt get put to sleep or anything the thought is worse than having it done so dont panic about it xxx

Em.ma
09-02-13, 19:26
Hiya.
Ill try not to as he did say it was fine and probably would be fine to leave in for rest of my life providing no repeated infections.
It's been their over a year with no infection it's just stuck no room for rest of it to come through.
I don't feel a thing from it though.

rb1978
09-02-13, 19:44
I have an impacted wisdom tooth and there's a little gap between it and the tooth in front so food gets stuck there. I was told if I get repeated infections it will have to come out. That was years ago. I do get minor gum infections in the area but each time they have cleared up with either corsodyl or peroxyl mouthwash. Dentist knows all about this and hasn't removed the tooth so I think it would have to be bad infections coming all the time for them to consider removing it.

I get terrified at the dentist. One time I actually started crying whilst the hygienist was doing her cleaning thing! I just had to apologise and say I was scared. She was very understanding bless her :)

Em.ma
10-02-13, 10:21
Glad she understood.
Yes mines impacted to.
I've never had anything medical done not even a blood test.
Most I've had is a little jab like the mmr and tetanus so would be terrified.
I've never even dislocated or broken a bone lol.

rb1978
10-02-13, 10:45
Me too - all I've ever had in life is the compulsory injections they give you as a child.

Make sure you keep the wisdom tooth nice and clean and you should be ok. I have an electric toothbrush and you can buy these heads for it called "interspace" or something. It's just a few strands in the toothbrush and it fits in the hole by the wisdom tooth. I tend to brush everything then put this interspace thing on and give the gap by the wisdom tooth a little brush. Then a swill out with mouthwash. So far I've avoided having to have it removed.

Em.ma
10-02-13, 10:58
Thanks.
I have an electric one to . I use this and a manual and dental floss.
I do use listenine mouthwash every three days or so and I buy the non alcohol one so it doesn't burn your mouth. He said not to use mouthwash everyday as its anti bacterial and takes the good stuff away aswell.
He didnt mention those heads though? Can you buy them in drug stores/supermarkets?

rb1978
10-02-13, 11:11
I think I got mine from the dentist itself cos they have a little stand where they sell stuff. Maybe google it to see what the brush head looks like. It works for me because I have a gap by the wisdom tooth where food gets stuck and this brush clears it out. But if you don't have a gap or it's impacted it a different way, you might not need it.

Sounds like you're doing lots to keep it clean though which is good :)