PDA

View Full Version : Doctors appointment

Annie0904
08-02-13, 18:35
I have been to the doctors tonight to get a med 3 form for my phased return to work. He was running a bit late so by the time I got in to see him I had convinced myself that I had the symptoms of everything on the posters in the waiting room. I don't really have HA but said to my doctor "How do I know that these are anxiety/ibs symptoms? He laughed and said "So what do you want me to do about it?" I said well you could just do blood tests. He went through everything you can have blood tests for and said "which ones do you want?" I said "Well you may as well do all of them then" We were both laughing while discussing it. He then said "Ok, come back next week for the blood tests and I will take the posters down before you get here" :D He then said "So what is your real reason for coming to see me today before you saw the posters?" I told him I am going to try a phased return next week. He has agreed to that but wants to see me the week after next to review how it is going (and to give me the results of all my blood tests!). He had a trainee doctor in with him today and he was telling her about me and said what a rock I was when my husband was ill and how strong I can be when I need to be but how anxiety just sometimes gets the better of me. I am really lucky to have such a lovely supportive doctor.

BobbyDog
08-02-13, 19:38
It is so nice to hear positive stories about GP'S, affable, understanding, caring and a real good listener. Someone who takes pleasure in his work and gets to know his patients. A doctor who can make you laugh when you really want to cry. They do exist. :yesyes:
Laugh and the world laughs with you.:D

Tessar
08-02-13, 19:42
That's really good, there's nothing better than having a doctor you feel comfortable with. He knows you well too and you both get on very well. Now, where's the "LIKE" button....??

Em.ma
08-02-13, 19:46
I have a gp like this. Intact all the GPS at my place are pretty damn good
Glad hour gp understands x

almamatters
08-02-13, 19:47
So pleased you have a nice understanding Doctor Annie, it makes a big difference.
I have finally found one I feel fairly comfortable with, he is not too interested in dealing with HA but is understanding and takes time to talk things through. He has a no nonsense attitude but I feel this is what I need at the moment. :hugs:

Annie0904
08-02-13, 19:50
I wish I had a memory like my doctor because he always remembers previous conversations :) He has such a lovely smile too but I can't help but think that behind that smile he is thinking "Here she goes again!" :D

almamatters
08-02-13, 19:56
I wish I had a memory like my doctor because he always remembers previous conversations :) He has such a lovely smile too but I can't help but think that behind that smile he is thinking "Here she goes again!" :D

Lol same here Annie, mine is prepared for me when I walk in!

Annie0904
08-02-13, 20:03
I am wondering if he will take the posters down next time I go :D

Dazza123
08-02-13, 23:18
Annie, you know the ESA thing, well you can sometimes do permitted work with it, and stay on ESA, so look into that cos if the work doesnt work out, ESA wont be affected.

Annie0904
08-02-13, 23:25
Annie, you know the ESA thing, well you can sometimes do permitted work with it, and stay on ESA, so look into that cos if the work doesnt work out, ESA wont be affected.

Thanks Dazza, I will check on that.