PDA

View Full Version : switching from xanax to prozac

miss diagnosis
08-02-13, 18:51
Hi

My doctor switched me from 2.5mg xanax to prozac. he told me to slowly decrease the xanax until i had stopped taking it altogether.

Im on the prozac a week and its been the worst week of my life.My panic is uncontrollable even with the xanax.Im completly freaked out over work issues. Ive completely lost my appetite and im just a shriveled wreak at this stage.

Is this normal for prozac?

OncewasSupergirl
08-02-13, 19:03
Unfortunately yes its quite normal for prozac...check out Princess n Oceans threads there are quite a few of us at varying stages on the Prozac journey x x

Janine
08-02-13, 19:03
Yes it is, it does make you feel worse before it makes you feel better, and what you are describing is exactly how it makes you feel, everyone is different though and you may be different and it won't last, I had really really bad times and a few better days until I had been on it nearly six weeks and then suddenly it started to work, six to eight weeks seem to be the normal reading other peoples posts on here. I found this forum invaluable and it got me through some really tough days, there is lots of support and it is worth it in the end.

miss diagnosis
08-02-13, 19:11
thank you so much.I was starting to worry there was something seriously wrong with me! its hard going for my husband as he cant understand whats happening and why im so freaked out over the smallest things.Its a relief to know other people are going through the same thing.