PDA

View Full Version : what have you been prescribed for agitation

clio51
08-02-13, 21:29
Hi

I suffer from gad, panic depression

I am on 150mg venlafaxine and just recently been prescribed promazine for agitation.
From the promazine I have had bad SE severe headaches,blocked up nose feeling,metal taste in mouth,teeth/jaw aching.

My question is what have you been prescribed for agitation/tense?

Thanks

BobbyDog
08-02-13, 21:54
I was given Amitriptyline and it has really helped. It is an old AD and not prescribed much for anxiety anymore. It was a last resort for me as I am unable to tolerate SSRI's.

Dazza123
08-02-13, 23:15
I am currently taking Amitryptaline also, works wonders for my anxiety, same as the Dosulepin, very old drugs but the only ones that work for me. Getting back onto the Dosulepin next week, but in liquid form cos I cant swallow the tablets.

Newer meds never seem to do anything for me apart from make me worse, never heard of venlafaxine or promazine, what are they and what are they for?

clio51
08-02-13, 23:47
Venlafaxine is a as ssni drug and promazine is an antipsychotic drug

karenp
09-02-13, 12:27
I am on ESCITALOPRAM and Lorazepam, plus zopiclone at times when I can't sleep due to my Gad.

amy.x.
09-02-13, 21:44
i have recently been put on pregabalin after being resistant to many other medications. i cant say for sure how effective this is as yet but i am finding that i dont wake up each day with the feeling of dread....& that to me is a great thing in itself x