PDA

View Full Version : New agoraphobic from UK

Tinkerbells-sidekick
08-02-13, 21:31
Hi! Ive seen this site a few times but never wanted to post as ive always tried to hide my condition. Anyway, a bit about me;
Neglected as a child, my mother HATES me
Spent years in a physically abusive relationship
Developed PTSD & anorexia
Miscarried 4 times
More recently my charming mom has been chippin away at me, got an injunction on the grounds of mental cruelty then started gettin panic attacks, so badly i now cant leave the house anymore.
iagnosis :- Agoraphobia, Health Anxiety and Nervous Breakdown.
Treatment:- Mirtazapine (yet to take this the side effects have freaked me out!!) diazepam, councilling CBT and exposure treatment.
So thats crazy little me in a nutshell
oh im 26 also

nomorepanic
08-02-13, 21:43
Hi Tinkerbells-sidekick

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

BobbyDog
08-02-13, 21:50
Welcome to the site, you are among people who understand what you have and are going through. By the way, my Mum also thinks that I am crazy, but I am not and neither are you. Exposure treatment is really difficult, but hopefully with time it will help you to regain some confidence to be able to lead a "normal life". You can recover from agoraphobia and crippling anxiety with the help of medication, friends and professionals.
All the best,
sarah.x

Baggs
09-02-13, 00:27
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Arnie365
11-02-13, 05:51
Hi and welcome. Admitting to yourself you have a problem and accepting it is a big step so well done.