PDA

View Full Version : My anxiety wont go away if my symptoms dont!!! Ugh

Ruthy
09-02-13, 14:50
Im so frustrated because i keep having issues. I thought i had throat cancer an saw the ENT. He was convinced i was wrong but put a tube jn my ear for a seperate issue ( i really hate this dang tube). Then i thought i had ovarian cancer or my cysts had flared up because i had pain in that area and all these symptoms. Gyno told me i was fine and actually the cysts were gone. Then a few days ago my throat closed up and neck was swollen and jaw was tight. I was terrified. My hubby told me i must be having an allergic reaction and he gave me benadryl. It slowly went away but i have no idea that i am even allergic to anything So the next day when the jaw pain came back followed by chest pain i took myself to the ER because thats what you are supposed to do when u suspect a heart attack. Well the EKG was normal and the doc said lab work was fine.... So WTH. My symptoms are REAL. The doctors dont seem to give a rats ass. They just say "you're young, dont smoke or drink. No family history, so... You're fine". Basically thats all i have heard. Now i have had mild constipation and when they did the ultra sound to look at my ovaries they saw that i was impacted. I have been taking stool softeners but still havinv discomfort in the abdomen and cramps. They said maybe MAYBE i have a ponched nerve in my back. O_o maybe. Do i have to die before anyone cares?? To be fair, my mother listens. She listens everytime. But my hubby wants me to ask my doctor about Xanax and my friend laughs her ass off everytime i come up with a bew disease. And i laugh too but i really am havinv symptoms. The symptoms are real. And i try to just remain calm and hopes they will go away but they dont. If its caused by anxiety and the anxiety wont go away unless the sympoms do , then how the heck do i end this cycle?? I truly think i have chron's disease or GERD or i am going deaf or brain tumor but since i was wrong three times in a row... At this point its like im crying wolf. No one believes me. Just because i obviously suck at diagnosing myself does not mean there is not an underlying cause. This isnt me. Im not like this. How do i get rid of my anxiety. I dont want pills. I try to eat healthy and exercise. I dont believe it is just anxiety. Any ideas on what i can do or how i can still be taken seriously after so many times i was wrong?

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:47 ----------

I have quite a few typos. Maybe i should have proof read this. Sorry. And now my jaw is tight again.

Heley
09-02-13, 14:54
It's really hard to believe it's just anxiety. Right now I'm currently deciding whether to go to urgent care and see if I can be tested for anemia. But the key things to remember are:

1. If you've had all of these tests, then chances are really good that you're fine.

2. I'm getting to the point where I no longer care what the doctor personally thinks of me. If I am genuinely concerned that I am ill and am displaying new symptoms, I will go and get checked out regardless of being stamped with anxiety. And if they won't take your seriously- really press it home. A lot of people with anxiety are quite quiet and will just take what the doctor says even if they disagree.

3. It really could just be anxiety. I promise, it can cause a whole host of ridiculous and horrifying symptoms, because our minds and bodies are inextricably linked. No one should make you feel like you are 'crying wolf.' You have real symptoms, and you go to get them checked out. That's common sense.

panickyme
09-02-13, 14:54
Awww Ruthy I feel your pain. I am the same way, I am always consumed that my heart is going to just stop, always have the chest pain. Then I think I have some kind of brain cancer, it never ends. I am always on alert and feel very anxious constantly. Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

zippy
09-02-13, 14:55
I have no advice but to let you know i feel the same. I have diagnosed myself with numerous things and have always been wrong but this time i feel really ill and think i have a brain tumour or something and my friend and partner just say you have been here before.My symptoms are rea and i keep thinking no one will believe until its too late.

Michellie
09-02-13, 15:00
hi ruthy
im michelle, u sound like me, i have convinced my self ive had every cancer going, ur jaw pain and neck pain sounds like and anxiety attack i get them all the time, my neck feels like ive been carring a sack of spuds round all day on them, i get pains in my legs muscles and arm muscles, i feel faint at times, the list is endless, the problem when you suffer from health anxiety is that your body intensifies all the little twinges and pains that you wouldnt normally notice, the chat site on here really helps as you can talk to people in the same boat and you wont feel like a nutter you will actully realise that your not the only 1 with this. hope this helps x