PDA

View Full Version : Pure O hell! Do I give in or just ride it out!?

katie23
09-02-13, 16:15
So I posted a few days ago about me and my babies father splitting up in October and he had a one night stand what he's ashamed about and has cried to me over it , I know he's sorry etc even though there's no need to be we was single, I left him in a horrible way got the baby got my stuff an moved to my mums it's took him alot to take me back and he said it will take time to love me the same.

Anyhow ever since I've found out Mr pure O has came out to play. I'm really struggling with my Intrusions and mental images I keep getting images of him having sex with this girl and intusions like 'will I ever be able to get over this!?' 'Will I ever feel the same?' 'what if I can't forget about this?'. Then I sit there panicing and my body starts shaking then i start thinking I can't do this I need to get out if I finish with him it will all be better. He knows im obbsessing over it so he ignores when I bring it up because the more I know the more I obsess. I'm on the internet researching and researching 'partner slept with somone else while we was broken up' then the moment I see someone say they couldn't get back with them or get over it I break out into a panic.

How would you guys deal with this. I'm trying my best not to give up but it's really hard. x

blingkasa
09-02-13, 16:53
Hi, sorry to hear what you are going through. Its called ruminating when we think things over and over again, i get it, i have ocd and its such an awful thing. Distraction techniques help me, like reading a good book or doing a bit of housework, going for a walk, because you need to realize that it really is all in your mind, its playing tricks on you, what you can do is take it a step at a time. Its very natural for you to be upset and of course its on your mind and you need reassurance from your boyfriend, if you left him in the first place then you need to accept that what he did was on the rebound and i am sure he wants it to work with you. DOnt be so hard on yourself and try to focus on the good more than the " What if's" those dont get you anywhere, next time you get a " Will i or a What if " question then answer it with something positive, it will heal after time. And get better for you.

katie23
09-02-13, 17:43
I can defiantly see why he did it he loved us so.much he said when I left it tore his world apart at the. time I had severe pnd but wasn't treated. Im just so anxious ousever it. Anxious I will ruin things beca

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

bloody phone! anxious because I know he's who I want to be with for the rest of my life and anxious that I might bring it up 34/7. I know Im only this bad because i love him so much. what he did ws out of character and I Feel awful knowing he did it to ease his pain.