PDA

View Full Version : Cant do this anymore!

Tinkerbells-sidekick
09-02-13, 18:06
Im so unhappy today! My brother in law came to see me and told me that my motherinlaw has told ppl im a drama queen making up my agoraphobia!! Then my fiance went out all i asked for was some crisps and he conveniently forgot! Feel like why am i even here? Nobody gives a damn anyways! Cant stop cryin today

Teddysmummy
10-02-13, 02:32
Hope you are ok x I know how it feels to be made out to be a drama queen having anxiety people are so cruel massive hugs xx

Tessar
10-02-13, 09:43
I find it really irritating when people say things like that. Clearly your mother in law doesnt understand or relate to how such a condition affects people. It isnt something I suffer from but I would imagine if you asked anyone with agoraphobia they would prefer not to have it! Therefore she is obviously ignorant about it, your mother in law otherwise why come out with such a remark. Of course I dont know him or what he is like but I am hoping your brother in law meant well or at least that is what I am hoping. How do you get on with your fiance and his family generally? Its got me curious now so I hope you dont mind me asking.

I sympathise about how you feel, since their attitude isnt going to help at all, which does suggest they are ignorant about the condition otherwise if they understood even a bit about it, they'd be encouraging you to go out with them or would be kinder in their attitude.
Here's a little something to make you feel better.....:bighug:
Sorry you're crying, it cant be a very pleasant situation all told.
What plans have you for today?

Its dull & raining here, verey miserable but I think my partner & I will go for a walk at some point. I dont have problems going out but I do feel very lazy sometimes. I used to be much more active but being depressed & having things I'm trying to deal with does make me want to stay indoors alot more. So in some way I kind of relate.

Here is a silly thing to make you smile (I hope):madness:That's you in front & me being silly behind.

Tinkerbells-sidekick
10-02-13, 14:28
My brotherinlaw didnt mean to upset me, after he told me what she said he went onto say that i shud ignore her and not let her affect me. I dont have any family personally and only talk to a small number of his family because their all just awful!!
Im in bed again today and thats where im staying lol i have bronchitis so not feeling very good added all this ontop and im just totally deflated! Xxxx

Annie0904
10-02-13, 15:16
I am not surprised you are feeling so low if you have bronchitis, any physical illness tends to make the anxiety worse. I hope you will feel better soon :hugs::hugs::hugs:

iamlove
10-02-13, 23:15
the problem is people who have never suffered with depression or an anxiety disorder really don't understand how bad it is. my dad used to always make fun of me infront of people for it thinking i just needed to get over myself, but recently he has started to suffer from panic attacks and now he understands what i went through, one day she might suffer from somthing like this aswel and will understand. the world just isn't ready to accept how we feel yet.

Daisy Sue
10-02-13, 23:22
the world is full of plonkers.

seriously - everywhere you go, there is always at least one person who doesn't believe in illnesses such as anxiety, or thinks you can magically shake yourself out of it.. :emot-shakehead:

Pigeon
11-02-13, 11:40
Hi tinkerbell
I agree with Daisy Sue. I wouldn't wish this on anyone as a long term illness but I admit I do have moments when I wish they could just experience it for a few moments. Then perhaps they would understand.

I think one thing we sometimes forget though is how hard this is on the people around us. Unless they have endlesss patience it can take it's toll and make them react in ways they wouldn't usually.

I know you have no family as such ans your fiancees family aren't all that supportive but do you have friends you can confide in when things get tough. There's always us but I wondered if you hada also sought help from your GP or a counsellor.

Hope you're feeling better soon:D

Tessar
24-02-13, 08:57
Hey EmmaLouise, how are you feeling?