PDA

View Full Version : Depression, feel the need to OVER EAT!?

GlobusGirl32
09-02-13, 18:11
Im posting this because this is all ridiculously new to me. Ive developed anxiety, panic, OCD, depression, eating disorder.. all in a matter of four months. Being sooo depressed makes me want to eat away my feelings but the fear of gaining weight or throat closing stops me. Im on Effexor 150mg and most days im okay but everything seems to be at a new peak and im not sleeping at night. Im not a fan of meds, and i do take Xanax sometimes to take off the edge. Im only 23, i feel like the thoughts in my med, no matter how irrational and ridiculous, are completely taking over me and thats enough to make me depressed. Not to mention my legal issues, lack of relationships/family, and not capable of holding a job right now.

This site helps me alot, just by reading that im not the only ones who has these feelings and symptoms. Im just always in constant fear and looking for a way out, a comfort, some outlook..

PinkRoxy
10-02-13, 08:00
Im sorry you are going through a tough time at the moment.

I know how you feel and like you said so many people on here go through those things too and everyone is great at offering support.

Have you told your doctor how the medication is making you feel? Maybe they can change you onto something else that might make you feel better with less side effects. I do know that its not good if you are not sleeping every night and maybe the doctor can offer you a mild sleeping tablet to help with that.

Just hang in there and I hope you are able to feel better soon :)