PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack

loulou02
09-02-13, 20:22
Just thought id check if my symptoms are normal....if anyone has any advise on them.
My attacks can be triggered by nothing- i can be fine and then suddenly i get thoughts of impending doom- start to feel dizzy. I get muscle pain on my chest- not chest pains, can sometimes have shaky hands. Nothing i can do can take my mind off getting home. Usually by the time im home it subsides.

When im out i need to get home asap, home seems my only safe place- when im out with the kids im counting the mins till im home.

This type of thing effects me when im on my own- with husband friends i seem fine, just left to my own thought devices im useless.

tamo
09-02-13, 20:35
hi loulou
What you describe is typical of anxiety ,ive had all those feelings .
I recommend claire weekes audio cd "pass through panic " and all of her other books .
I assume your doc has checked you out first of all .

Wishing you well:)

Darbysa
09-02-13, 20:39
Loulou

The symptoms you are describing are text book panic attack and anxiety. Please read the symptoms list on this site and you'll see what I mean. It may help you to see this written down and to understand why you are feeling this way.

How long have you been feeling like this and are you getting any help from your doctor? It is important to get checked out but I'm sure you will find that everything you are feeling is down to panic, particularly as its triggered when you are out or alone.

There is a lot of useful advice on this site which will help you.

Sal

loulou02
09-02-13, 20:40
knows the history of anxiety but not physical symptoms im there often enough with chest infections im sure they would of picked up on something then surely----been thinking of going for general check up.

luvlifensmile
10-02-13, 04:56
my thoughts are my own worst enemy...i bought a house in october and i haven't even stayed there yet because lately my anxiety/panic makes me not want to be alone so i am still staying at my apartment with my roommate...i'm slowly getting things moved out and need to be out by march first because financially i can no longer afford both...uugghhh i despise this panic...last night i woke up in such a horrible panic attack and woke my roomate up luckily we both crashed in the living room while watching tv so it was easy to get to him...when i got up this morning, the first thing i thought was 'what if that would of been when i moved'

Ycg3
10-02-13, 06:34
not liking this panic attack
cant control my breathing
got sickness and the shakes

am so tired
have phoned a panic line and listened to the recorded message
anyone know of any other 24 hr services??? plzzz

thanks