PDA

View Full Version : Just when I think I'm coping :(

Elle-Kay
09-02-13, 22:21
My husband is out tonight with friends. I felt sad, but didn't know why, before he left and I've been anxious all night - just this niggling feeling setting me on edge that something was going to happen.

I'd started to feel a bit calmer, so decided to go to bed and watch "The Full Monty" until I fell asleep. I got up to turn the light off in the vivarium, and I've found out that my husband's snake has died :(

So of course I've had to ring to tell him. I didn't feel that I could leave it until he got in as it won't be until very late (and what would I say?! "Hi. Did you have a good evening? Your snake is dead"), but now I feel terrible for disturbing his evening out with bad news :(

I know that some of you dislike reptiles, and I respect that, but my husband has had this snake since it hatched - about 15 years ago - so it's like losing any other type of pet, to him.

I feel so sick and wobbly :(

Magic
09-02-13, 22:36
Elle, You are ever lightly feel unwell, you have had such a bad week, and to tell
your husband when he gets in!!!! it will be like loosing any other pet. Long time 15years. Don't know anything about reptiles but I am sorry for your loss and hope your husband and you will be ok:hugs:x

Janine
09-02-13, 22:40
There was no easy way to tell him and you were right it would have been worse when he came home and also you would have been worrying about telling him, he is bound to be upset as he has had it for a long time and everyone is different and likes different things, all you can tell yourself is that you gave it a good life and better than anyone else could have done. It is hard to lose any pet as they are such a big part of your life.

Try not to worry by the time he gets home he will have had time to think and you will be there to support him and each other. xx