PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Nebraska

lincolnjkb
10-02-13, 01:35
Hi all,

I am a 31 year old male from Lincoln, Nebraska, US. I came across this site after being diagnosed with GAD in 2009 after having a lump in my throat. I've had problems with anxiety, OCD, etc for years, but it seems that it's just more prevalent now.

I currently have lexapro after being switched from zoloft. I was taking ambien, until last week, but started having very strange symptoms such as texting during sleep, odd conversations, etc. I found that very strange after having taken the drug for years. It's been an interesting week, but I'm starting to sleep naturally, which is a wonderful thing.

In 2002, I was diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma... having been cancer free now for 10 years, I am always so afraid of it coming back. This has caused my OCD and anxiety to go through the roof. Everytime I have the lump in my throat, and now itching non-stop, I always search online and that is the first thing that comes up.

I look forward to hearing from all of you and responding to your posts. Best wishes to all.

nomorepanic
10-02-13, 01:47
Hi lincolnjkb

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

luvlifensmile
10-02-13, 02:34
i also experience anxiety with my OCD thoughts from brain surgery...everytime i get a headache, my anxiety/panic skyrockets..i have always had panic/anxiety issues but for some reason they have gotten worse over the last year. welcome to the board as i have also just joined

lincolnjkb
10-02-13, 03:58
Hi, it's totally a terrible feeling. Welcome! I hope we find relief in the wisdom and listening ear of others :)

Baggs
10-02-13, 10:10
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Mark13
13-02-13, 15:58
Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find lots of information and support here.