PDA

View Full Version : Panic help!!

Paulac
10-02-13, 07:33
Having a panic attack now, been constant since I woke nearly an hour ago, feel like I'm about to loose control any second, can't seem to calm myself. Stupid thing is I'm panicking about how I feeling mentally, how I'm gona feel today mentally, I'm imagining doing things I have to do today eg, housework feeding kids etc n I'm panicking about it, my head feels like mush, like I can't think straight at all, feel like I just need signed into a mental hospital n b constantly sedated!! Can't stick feeling like this, need out of my own head!!

This will b my 3rd day on 20mg of citalopram after being on 10mg for a month.

Also wen I first started cit the doc also gave me propandrol I never took them but I'm wondering should I start them now, do they calm u straight away or take days to get into ur system??

Any help wud b so much appreciated(on any of this post).

Thank u
Paula x

Darbysa
10-02-13, 08:09
Paula

I have no experience of those particular drugs as I am on seroxat but I do know from reading other posts that it is quite common to experience these side effects when switching dosage.

I understand how you feel. It's hard to calm yourself down when things get that bad but could you try distracting yourself? How about starting a bit of that housework ( I Know, I know - that sounds like really crap advice). I do sometimes find that getting on with stuff can help. Try some breathing exercises if you can.

You will get though this. Early in the morning when no one else is awake can feel like a pretty lonely time.

Hope you start to feel better soon and that you have a good day.

Sal

jackie13
10-02-13, 08:13
Hi Hun

It's the Citalopram I was exactly the same, it WILL Pass:). However stay in the moment try and take one hour at a time, nothing can hurt you.

Big hugs
Jackie x

Paulac
10-02-13, 08:32
Thanks sal and jackie, keep getting myself into a mess, thinking there's no way out of this, I'm gona b like this forever n I start to feel like I'm loosing it wen I think like that but I can't help it. I feel like I need to escape from my mind but there's no way I can this makes me freak out more!!

Ycg3
12-02-13, 07:03
hi
how are you feeling today paulac?
any panics?
im on the same meds (prop & cit)as you and have only been on them 5 wks myself so like yourself all a bit new
may be you should take the propranolol a you have been prescribed them....whay have u not?

If you can share any great tips or advice id appreciate that
Thanks x

Paulac
13-02-13, 09:09
Hiycg3, i just noticed ur reply there. Thanks for asking how I am, I'm still not the best, though better than yesterday, posted about it under morning panic. Had a terrible day yesterday, really thought it was the end for me. I'm sticking to my 20 of cit and the doc gave me some chlorpromazine to help with the panic.
I honestly don't know why I never took the propandrol, prob wouldn't b such a state now if I had of. My phobia of tabs just took over I guess.

How r u feelin? Have u noticed any sort of improvement being in the cit??
Paula xx

semper solus
13-02-13, 09:15
Hi Paulac

Hang in there I do know tablets take a few days to get into your system before they start to work properly. I have Epilepsy just came out of the blue when they put me on meds they took a few days to kick in.

Be strong :winks:
Nick

ruthless
13-02-13, 17:56
The tablets are still getting into your system. You will start to feel better!
I know all about the 'losing it' and 'freaking out' and 'this is the end-switch my mind off'. Hang in there. I know it's hard, but maybe we can support each other - I am on day 13 of Sertraline

Paulac
13-02-13, 18:11
Thanx ruthless yea we defo need to support each other, this site is gr8 wen ur at such a low point n u really need support. How r u finding the first few weeks of starting your meds? Have u noticed any improvements at all?
Paula xx

Ycg3
14-02-13, 04:47
havn't really noticed much improvement & am hating the morning sickness gagging, no appetite.... whether its the meds or the anxiety that's causing it :-(

the dr didn't want to change tabs but has advised a councillor to speak to!!

katyjohnstone
14-02-13, 06:44
hi i am the same day 7 of chiropram today is the first day that i did not wake up panic stricken like you i have started my housework and have but things in place to ne out the house again i am seeing my gp today to talk about my meds will let you know what happens stick with it we will get there