PDA

View Full Version : weird arm and leg.

zippy
10-02-13, 14:54
Does anybody else get a weird arm and leg? My right arm and leg keep feeling like they arent mine and my co-ordination seems wrong, they seem weaker than my left and they feel numb/cold and sometimes tingly. My worry is a brain tumour because of dizziness, left sided headaches and pressure so this is just adding to my beliefs that this is what i have. I also feel jittery inside like on a knifes edge. When i lay down and close my eyes my head feels like its swaying from side to side.

frazm88
10-02-13, 15:06
Hi,

i've been experiencing the same for the past few months they go cold/numb and then because I start to worry they seem to get painful, I'm at a loose end because of it, although mines is down the left side.

pinkprincess
10-02-13, 21:47
Hi Zippy
I just wanted to say hi and that i have seen alot of your posts lately and all the symptoms you are describing are very much similar to ones i have had in the past, some now, eg, left hand and foot feel weird but can still use them ok, i really do think every symptom you have is anxiety, i know you had the vertigo but think that was exasberated by your anxiety, i saw a neuro back in december for some facial sensations and paid a lot of money for it, he sat with me for a long time and explained that people who have these neuro diseases have very certain patterns and symptoms not just little ones that come and go, eg, brain tumour, usually a seizure, fit, violent vomiting, vision loss for days etc.

I am not saying that your symptoms arent real and frightening i am just saying that alot of us on here have symptoms that are very hard to pin point so catastrophise thm and google them and think worse case scenario, we dont think actually i am fretting over this symptom and making it worse.

my mum got bad vertigo and laid in bed for a week flat, didnt panic over it whereas i would of been a wreck and cried and googled etc.

I think you ought to try some medication or therapy, i did and it really helps, if you can stop the panic feelings then it might alleviate the symptoms.

meg x

pAULspybeef
11-02-13, 21:13
I've had the left sided oddness for over a year now and am now more believing than ever that it is the work of anxiety's evil. It won't vanish overnight and as long as you dwell on it it will persist. The key is to get on with living and just let the feeling be there regardless, even if it is annoying etc. I hope you soon find yourself moving in a positive direction

Anxious_gal
11-02-13, 21:58
hmm well mine get like that during a migraine attack, but also if you are suffering from depersonalization/derealization at times you limbs can feel like they are not your own.
It's hard to explain it, but again focusing in on it does seem to make it worse : (

You sure you haven't been sitting or sleeping funny? Might just be tense tight muscles, or even just anxiety, when you over breathe it often makes the hands tingle.

aw sounds like you are having a lot of anxiety, which causes symptoms which then give you more anxiety.

Pinkprincess it's good the neuro took the time to explain everything to you, I think if doctors in general had better communication skills it would help people to not be anxious .