PDA

View Full Version : Is this all to do with acid reflux?

Orange Lightning
10-02-13, 19:56
Bleugh, I've been having an awful last few evenings. I'm waiting for an endoscopy which could take months and I've been on Lansoprazole and Omeprazole. Neither seem to work though because I still get:

- Vurps bringing liquid as far as my nose..!
- An extremely tight throat; it's now hard to swallow anything without warm water, even my own saliva. Influenced by posture like turning my head.
- Feeling of liquid in my throat.
- A sore throat that doesn't let up.even with throat sweets.
- ALL food and drink gets stuck in my throat to some degree. Worst in evenings and accompanied by a bitter taste.

I'm frightened of the acid being in my throat and causimg cancer from burning away the cells. I'm pretty sure I've had reflux all my life so why has it become so horrid now? I really don't want to be on an all-liquid/soup diet. :(

almamatters
10-02-13, 20:03
Sounds just like Acid Reflux to me, I get all those symptoms and a few more besides. I have had it for about 10 years since my mid twenties and would have thought my throat would have been corroded and horrible.
At my endoscopy there was no sign of damage caused by the reflux whatsoever, and that is after 10 years.
I take lansoprazole daily and still get symptoms .

illgetthere
10-02-13, 22:35
Do you get like fumes well that's what it feels like to me do you get a feeling of your face being hot or numb?? Does your mouth tingle and teeth hurt? I can't get mine to calm down I feel like going to a&e.