PDA

View Full Version : stomach tenderness..... cancer?

chuckiesback
10-02-13, 21:28
ok, i know this is not a place to get a diagnosis but i am freaking out a bit...
i month ago my period was late and although i eventually came on i was having the normal period symptoms for weeks before my period came.
this is my problem now, i am due on soon but ive noticed a plum sized lump in my stomach just above my pubic bone which is only noticable after sex. its tender but doesnt cause pain as such.
if i feel my stomach right now there is no lump but my stomach is tender.
i am so scared of having a hernia or worse... cancer.
please, any advice would be great.
i am making an appointment with my dr but even that scares me.

TotallyBonkers
10-02-13, 22:00
Please don't be scared to see the doctor, after all they are there to help and above all else offer some reassurance.

I wonder if it could be a muscle perhaps that you are feeling? especially after its when you have had sex, it could be you are using your muscles there without realising it maybe? I would highly doubt it to be cancer or anything as severe as that, but the fact you are getting it checked is the best thing to do, that way you will know what it is and am sure will feel 100 times better after coming out of the doctors, as am sure they will allay your fears of it being cancer.xx

chuckiesback
11-02-13, 13:48
thank you for your reply bonkers.
i am hoping to get an appointment within the next couple of days.
the tenderness is still there, it never goes, sometimes it just worse than at other times.