PDA

View Full Version : Need some calming words...

Mac4143
11-02-13, 02:29
Hey everyone,

I'm the kind of person that you may guess... Has panic attacks! When ever I go to the bathroom and go... Number 2 I have the need to look ANd check of irregularitys. Ever since about 9 months age I had blood on the paper I thought I had cancer, I worry about cancer with every little thing that happens to me. So tonight everything looks to be ok except this small pea sized black ball. I read that black tarry stool is blood in upper gi track but it was only 1 pea sized ball. So of corse I need to examine it, then I squished it with a q tip it was purple when rubbed on the slide of the toilet. It was not mucus because it squished down to only like a fleshy shell like material. I'm very worried about everything that happens to me. I hate to go to the dr because its so scary of what he might say. I just had a physical about a month ago and I said I was dizzy and had minor double vision, like ghosting vision. He said the dizzyness is hormonal and puberty related because it only minor on and off. The double vision we did not talk abou but I pretty sure it's my astigmatism because it with 1 and 2 eyes open so it's not neurological. Anyway, has anyone had the black ball thing or know what I might be? :scared15: :wacko: :unsure:

luvlifensmile
11-02-13, 02:44
i have not had it but it may be what you are eating...have you eaten anything within the last couple of days ie; fruits such as blueberries, or anything else that may not have digested properly? once i had a panic attack because my stool was green and then after researching i discovered it was from what i had eaten or drank that changed the color...have you been to the doc for a stool cancer test

AuntieMoosie
11-02-13, 03:33
Hi there, have I read this correctly???

Ever since about 9 months age I had blood on the paper I thought I had cancer

Are you really saying that you've had this problem from 9 months old or is that a typo??

My advice would be to stop studying your bowel movements. If there were a real problem you would see it without studying that hard.

The problem is, if we're frightened of something, like you are of bowel cancer, we tend to go looking for it and then convince ourselves that we've seen the "evidence" when, in fact, we really haven't :)

There are lots of strange shapes and colours that will show up in everyone's stools if we all studied them enough. Most are just down to what we have eaten in the last couple of days and are of no concern or worry :)

If the blood is only on the tissue and if it's usually bright red, that would normally indicate a little fissure or tear or maybe piles. It's not a usual symptom of bowel cancer at all :)

The black ball thing could be anything really and like I said, most likely something you've eaten in the last couple of days. Remember our food doesn't come out looking like it did when it went in!!..........it will have gone through a long digestive process and all sorts of acids and body fluids will have been added on the way :)

I would think it would be very, very unusual for someone your age to have bowel cancer, it's more common in much older people :)

I would go along and see you doctor again and have them reassure you that all is well. Maybe also seek some help for your fears, you're very young and should be out there having fun. CBT is most helpful for this type of fear and maybe something worth you looking into :)

Mac4143
11-02-13, 16:57
Thanks auntiemoosie,

That was a typeo I first saw
The red blood 9 months ago. It's Ben 2 or 3 times sence then where I have sceen it again. I recently started eating a lot of fruite like oranges and grapefruit. This might be the cause. I really hate worrying about everything little that happens to me. Because I Think everything is cancer and I start to believe I'm going to day and I think everything I do might be the last time. I'm going to look at cbt for my panic, I wish it would go away!

Thanks! :D :yesyes: :bighug1:

AuntieMoosie
11-02-13, 22:16
That's great that you're eating lots of fruit, very healthy and also very good for your bowels.

Are you prone to constipation? do you find you need to strain to pass a stool?

If the answer is yes to any or both of those questions then I would hazard a guess that it's more than likely due to piles or a fissure/tear.

You're doing the right thing with eating the fruit, make sure you also have plenty of vegetables, the greener the better, and add some roughage to your diet too. Make sure you drink plenty of liquids and all these things will help with making your stools a lot softer and easier to pass.

I know how you feel about wanting the anxiety to go away, I think we all feel the same on NMP, but the good news is, it can and does go away with a little work :)

I would really encourage you to go and have a chat with your doctor, they can reassure you that all is well and also see about starting some CBT to help you with your anxiety :)