PDA

View Full Version : Advice plz anyone??

Paulac
11-02-13, 06:34
Hi all just looking a bit of advice about my citalopram, a month ago I started on 10mg for anxiety n panic, felt awful when I first started them but gradually I did start to feel better, on Friday just past I moved up to 20mg and can honestly say I don't think Iv ever felt as bad, it was always anxiety I struggled with now I seem to be depressed too, feel like a shell, totally numb. I don't know what I should do, should I stop them or just try n stick it out seeing as 10mg was starting to have a good effect??

Really need advice ppl, feel so bad :(

yorkshirepudding
11-02-13, 08:30
Hi

As far as I know, please somebody correct me if I am wrong, increasing the dose will give you side effects as if you had just started taking them. What you are feeling is probably just like when you first started taking 10mg.

I am pretty sure that the side effects do not take as long to subside on an increased dose. If I were you I would stick it out for now and see how you feel in a week or so. I know its difficult but the biggest mistake people make is to give up too early.

I am on 20mg Cit and I felt pretty awful for the first couple of weeks that I was on them and took a good 6 weeks to feel the effect.

I am not saying this will happen with the increased dose, its just waiting for your body to get used to the new dose.

So, in short (lol), hang on in there and ride the storm, better things are waiting.

Good luck.

Sean

little scientist
11-02-13, 09:48
Hey Paulac,

As Yorkshirepudding said, it can take time to feel the full effects, so stick it out if you can. going from 10 to 20 was the worst time for me but since then I have really felt the benefits (currently on 30).

If you can, try to do a little something each day to give you a bit of structure. Even if its just a short walk somewhere to appreciate some scenery, or reading a bit of a book, or maybe a craft that requires some concentration to take your mind away from the anxiety/depression (for me its cross stitch). Little things like that really helped when I was off work with my depression.

:)