PDA

View Full Version : Awaiting results

jayred
11-02-13, 10:24
Hi

I havent been on for a long while due to alot of my anxiety feeling better except for a pain in my upper right abdomen and going dowanwards. Theres also a fatty lump on top of the rib although i have noticed this on the other side aswell. This obviously had me very worried and i tried to delay as long as possible going to the doctors but finally gave in. I was sent for an ultrasound and blood tests for suspected Gallstones which in my head i dont think it is. I now have had the ultrasound last wednesday but have to wait until Friday for my doctors appointment. Over teh weekend i have now developed a stomach pain bottom left hand side like a constant ache and also felt very nautious and windy. I did notice that my anxiety had come back on Friday and had 1 of my old dizzy spells. Im just so scared of what the results are and being ive put the pain off for months i cant see it being good. The person who did the ultrasound also changed half way through which makes me think she had noticed something but obviously couldnt say.

50percentme
11-02-13, 10:50
I don't know if this helps but I've had right abdomen pain for about 4 weeks now started one night and I panicked thinking appendicitis went to the doctors examined me and said I had a virus. Still a few days later the thoughts crept back in and I Google everyone knows you shouldn't but I did then it was 2 weeks of panic and anxiety. I couldn't sleep felt dizzy headaches eye pain tingling feet I thought I was going to die. I went to A and E and was examined again and had a urine test both were fine and was told I had norovirus. I've had my eyes checked even digital retinal photography and their fine. Been back to the doctors and told I have a lot of anxiety so he sent me for a blood test and I waiting for my results too. I have been looking around on this site and it seems right abdominal pain is quite common and I notice the more I focus the more it hurts. I wouldn't be worried about it going on so long it seems people on this site have had it on and off for years.

jayred
11-02-13, 13:29
Yeah to be honest i had put the pain off for a long period due to it being worse when i was thinking about it but then finding this mass was the really big worry and the thing that kicked me into action just hopefully not to late although its been about 7 months now since i first felt the pain maybe more

maybrooke
11-02-13, 20:30
Hi their, I can imagine how you are feeling, I'm going through something similar , have been having right sided upper tummy pain, that sometimes radiates into the ribs & my back, sometimes the pain is unbearable, I had put off going to the drs, but did go 2 weeks ago, dr sent me for blood tests which was fbc, liver, thyroid , bone , these tests have come back normal, I've got to have an ultra scan on the 27th feb which I'm dreading, dr seems to think I may have gallstones, I just hope it's nothing more serious as I've only got to hear the big C word & I feel sick. Just hope if it was anything sinister something would have shown up in blood test. It's horrible when you suffer with health anxiety : ( pls let me know what ur scan results are. All the best x

jayred
12-02-13, 09:24
Thank you for your kind words im sure the Ultrasound will go well for yourself it is quite an easy procedure as well so nothing to worry about there. Its the waiting that adds to the worry it really is horrible.

I will elt you know straight away until then keep smiling and happy.

maybrooke
12-02-13, 18:24
Aww thanks , I'm sure it will be good news for you. I've got a feeling I might have a large ovarian cyst as I keep having pains in my lower right stomach as well as my upper right stomach, had a terrible night with pain last night : ( I'm just dreading scan & results, sends me funny just thinking about it : ( you take care, keep in touch x x

jayred
15-02-13, 14:01
I got my results back. No Gallstones i have a fatty liver and high chelesterol quite scary at 28 being a non drinker or smoker.

Wasnt given any other advice thinks the lumps are fatty build up nothing to worry about have to go back in 6 months for further tests on liver to ensure it has gotten better after keeping myself healthy

jayred
16-02-13, 21:43
Anybody know if i should be looking for an underlying cause or if fatty liver is linked to chelesterol and weight