PDA

View Full Version : Comedy

times71
11-02-13, 11:37
I am going to share a tip, I am sure its nothing new.. but it helped me loads.

1. Stop watching the news, delete any news apps and dont buy a news paper... Reading about bad stuff adds fuel to the fire.

2. Stop watching films etc where people die or get severed heads and stuff.

3. Spend your "watching time" watching funny things.. read funny books and learn to laugh again... I swear it does wonders for the soul.

4. Learn to laugh at your panic attacks... see it as a comedy sketch rather than a scene from the texas chainsaw massacre.

5. Every morning look it in mirror and laugh at yourself, the world will think your mad.. but somehow it works.. trust me on that. :roflmao:

6. If you really want to go for it... do a ministry of silly walk every morning, try and come up with a new one... rather than dwelling on fear. Every morning I end up Pi**ing my self.

Peace

spottitchsam
11-02-13, 12:59
[QUOTE=times71;1117571]I am going to share a tip, I am sure its nothing new.. but it helped me loads.

1. Stop watching the news, delete any news apps and dont buy a news paper... Reading about bad stuff adds fuel to the fire.

2. Stop watching films etc where people die or get severed heads and stuff.

3. Spend your "watching time" watching funny things.. read funny books and learn to laugh again... I swear it does wonders for the soul.

4. Learn to laugh at your panic attacks... see it as a comedy sketch rather than a scene from the texas chainsaw massacre.

5. Every morning look it in mirror and laugh at yourself, the world will think your mad.. but somehow it works.. trust me on that. :roflmao:
Hi sorry but laughing has the opposite effect on me,a couple of weeks ago my hubby and myself went to a theatre to see "the 39steps"although it's a favourite film of ours,and a mystery thriller this was like a comedy version.if you have seen the film I will give you a little bit of a taster.in the film it takes you to a scene on a train,on the stage they had 3 tea chests has seats,in the back ground they had music playing of a train,the people who was sat on the "seats"were moving to the motion of the train.then going across the stage from one side to the other was a kiddies train,I would say at least 3/4 of the audience laughed including myself.my was a real belly laugh and lasted for quite a few minutes.soon after I had to go out of the theatre I had brought on a big panic attack.during the remainder of the film I was feeling anxious throughout.it did not improve over the next few hours.in fact it got worse to the extent of me ringing out of hours doctors twice and me to end up walking the streets on my own at 1 o'clock in the morning.when I went to see my gp in the morning I was told that my panic attack was brought on by hyperventilating.so now for me I am not laughing out loud any more.x

Col
11-02-13, 13:42
Nice one - well said !

Annie0904
11-02-13, 16:23
Times 71 I agree with you that laughter helps me. I always feel better after watching a comedy show or having a good laugh with friends.

Jean, I wonder if maybe it was more the fact that you where in an enclosed space at the theatre that brought on your panic more than the laughter. Now maybe you are associating laughter with anxiety/panic because of that incident?