PDA

View Full Version : Always REALLY hot, why?

Greeny79
11-02-13, 12:32
Hi guys

Got a few issues at moment, I am extremely hot pretty much all the time, have to have windows open in the house if others have heating on even if its freezing, generally worse after a shower, I sweat like mad as well in some situations mainly if there is no air, Ie on a bus with no windows open

Been to docs and just been fobbed off as per usual, this has been going on for years, meds I am taking are propranolol, sertraline and zopiclone for sleep but not convinced its them

Also another problem health wise not sure if related, after my afternoon meal 8 times out of 10 I am suffering with severe Diahera (sp) sorry gross I know :blush:

Any advice much appreciated because its driving me nuts :mad:

Tessar
11-02-13, 21:16
Oh goodness, that sounds like me. In my case I am definitely always warm,, if not boiling compared to others. My colleagues think I am unusually warm and look at me like I am crazy when I want the windows open! In my case it is all down to hormones.... I'm 49 and menopausal. I keep telling myself it'll be gone soon and I'll feel a bit cooler soon. I have always been hot though ever since I can remember. I think it's hereditary in my case as my mothers exactly the same.

Anxious_gal
11-02-13, 21:49
Do you actually have a temperature?

I know I can often feel too hot, mostly in my face and neck area.
But one day I was hot, I had the heating off and wasn't wearing warm clothes and still felt too warm, I took my temperature but turns out my body temp was a bit on the low side so I had to force myself to warm up, so please be careful to make sure you're not making your self too cold x

hmm maybe try a new doctor if you feel yours is not listening to you?
When did you last have a full check up done? where they take your bloods, n look at your blood pressure and all that.
It could be worth having your testosterone levels tested, if it's low and it does lower with age it can make you feel depressed, anxious and you can get hot flashes too just like women do.
There is hormone therapy too,

Feeling hot could be many things including anxiety, so its much better to find a doctor that you feel is listening to you : )

well it could be diet related? I don't know, you need to find a doctor who will maybe do a few simple tests to figure out what is going on.

Tessar
24-02-13, 08:53
my body temperature is always a degree or so cooler than normal. i always forget about that .... but if i have a high temperature then for me if its over 100 then it's a degree or two higher than that for me compared to normal as well