PDA

View Full Version : Doctors again.

zippy
11-02-13, 12:34
I have been to my gp yet again about my symptoms i.e dizziness, headaches, arm and leg weakness and she made me follow her finger and she says I have nystagmus in my left eye. I saw an ent last week and he said I didn't. My gp said not to worry about it but I have done the thing I shouldn't googled. What came up the thing I have been thinking I have BRAIN TUMOUR and M.S.
She gave me some anti depressants and I have to see her in 2 weeks.
I told her my fears and she took my pulse and listened to my heart and made me stand with my eyes shut.
I feel like I am deteriorating.

nicola1980
11-02-13, 12:42
Sorry to hear your having a rough time :hugs: im sure the anti depressents will help you with your anxiety, which ones did she give you? xx

zippy
11-02-13, 12:50
She gave me fluoxetine.
I felt a little reassured when I came out but I came home and googled nystagmus and brain tumour came up. I have every symptom, left sided head symptoms and right side arm and leg weakness.

nicola1980
11-02-13, 13:00
Im sur if your doctor thought it was anything sinister then they would refer you straight away so please don't worry and don't listen to Dr google as hes never right!!! xx

zippy
11-02-13, 13:18
I know it's the worst thing invented google. It's like an addiction you google to reassure yourself and then the worst things pop up and you make yourself worse. My gp said the nystagmus was nothing to worry about and I told her all my other symptoms which fit a brain tumour so your right she would have referred me I hope.

nicola1980
11-02-13, 13:26
She def would have referred you hun, i really recommend you try the fluoxetine as my friend suffered really bad health anxiety and like you was convinced she had something seriously wrong with her and she was prescribed fluoxetine and is absoutley fine now :) xx

zippy
11-02-13, 14:34
I just feel so ill, I am not hardly eating because I feel sick all the time and when I do eat something I feel sicker. My right arm and leg feel odd and weak and with the left sided head symptoms I just think I have a brain tumour.

rb1978
11-02-13, 18:11
It's so hard once you get a thought in your mind but I really think if the docs suspected anything like a brain tumour they would refer you straight away to the hospital. Imagine if they wilfully ignored symptoms and didn't bother referring people - they'd be sued to death and be struck off. I really do think they know what warning signs to look for.

I started with vertigo 2 years ago and it's awful - it caused dizziness and a feeling of not being coordinated. Because I've never experienced anything like it before I straight away thought "I'm dying!! This is it!!!" And I had a lot of trouble with stress headaches and motion for weeks afterwards. I remember once going to the doc and doing the old eyes following the finger thing. My eyes weren't doing it as they should but the doctor said it was all following on from attacks of vertigo.

I got some anti depressants and I honestly did notice the symptoms improve as I calmed down. Really.

I still get the odd attack now and then.

You could give the anti-depressants a go and I think they will help with how severe things feel.

And don't go near Dr Google - he's rubbish.

zippy
11-02-13, 18:56
I know where your coming from rb1978 and I thought the same when I first came out but then I googled nystagmus and vertigo etc and brain tumour came up and then I started flapping again because I have all the symptoms. I just think how do they know that I haven't without a scan.
My eye feels strained and like I can't see properly but I have been to opticians and they are fine.