PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever seen a grown man cry?

justice38
11-02-13, 16:36
I'm 47 in pretty good shape. I eat well and live a clean life. Every time I get a little bit sick it turns out to be the c word. Recently my wife and I got the exact same stomach bug. 5 days later she is fine 6 weeks later and one naturopath visit 2 Chinese medicine visits 2 accupunture and gallons of medicine I'm convinced its over for me. I lay in bed at night watching old movies on Netflix and I get up in the morning anxious about whether this trip to the bathroom is going to be the one where I find out something horrible. So far nothing. So I go sit on the couch and cry like I'm 6 years old. WTH All day long stomach pain bloating butterflies in stomach. I should never google but can't seem to stop. Bought a couple of books on bowel care of course this dr says that by the time you feel a stomach problem it's to late. I dropped the book and started shaking and right away felt upset stomach. Who writes this shit? I need help. I told my wife I was sure she would be less stressed if she didn't have to baby me. I can tell she gets so sad watching me suffer. What a saint! If there was ever an angel on earth it is my wife. I know I've rambled but thanks for listening it has helped

ellie_C_mason1990
11-02-13, 18:47
I know exactly how you feel, it is always the c word!
I see that you have tagged IBS and from what you have described, your problems sound like IBS, which as you probably know is aggravated further by stress- thus the cycle continues. Have you suggested to your doctor you might have IBS? You could ask for some anti spasmodic meds for your stomach and if you respond to them, this might ease your mind a bit more.
Meanwhile, have you tried practicing any breathing techniques or stress reducing skills to use during these times?
Or you could fill out one of these..
http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/docs/HealthAnxietyThoughtRecord.pdf

justice38
11-02-13, 19:47
I have tried some stress reducing practices. I guess the problem is that when I get to feeling good all of that stuff goes out the window. Then I don't know what triggers it. One day I feel great then bam!!!!! Didn't know I was even stressing. I look around at work and home and watch people eat anything they want with no issues and I have to be so careful. Maybe that in itself causes me stress. Who knows. Sometimes I want to just check out of my job and find some job tending rabbits or something weird like that. I'm rambling again I really appreciate your response and I will check out that link.
Have a good day