PDA

View Full Version : Starting Sertraline tomorrow.....

uklad
11-02-13, 17:29
Has anyone had success with sertraline? have read alot of what could happen side effects wise but thought it would be good to ask what improvemeants has people had on it? takeing it for anxiety and depression...

Red Flower
11-02-13, 18:35
Hi I'm on day 14 today. For me first 3 days were the hardest (hot flashes, a bit more anxiety). Now it's a bit better. I take mine in the morning so I feel a bit rough for about 6-7 hours then in the afternoon feel much better. I'm taking it from anxiety. But still there are some good days and some not very good days. Try to have a rest as much as you can as it make me a bit tired so I just want to lay down for 10-30 min.

uklad
12-02-13, 15:34
Thanks for the reply :) Took one this mornin dont feel much difference really.... I'am takeing things easy and trying not to put myself under any preasure, trying to have the attitude to exspect a down from them so if i get it i wont freak out or anythink. I use to be on prozac a few years ago which made me tired alot sounds alot similar to what your experiencing, doctor has told me befor with anxiety laying down helps yer relax yer muscles ya dont even know what is tense. Have you been having any positive result from takeing sertraline yet?

Red Flower
12-02-13, 21:46
Yes I'm feeling normal today. Had a good night sleep. No anxiety. But I know if I won't sleep I may feel worse.

uklad
14-02-13, 15:14
Im the same with sleeping if i dont get enough of it i tend to feel alot worse than usual, is my 3rd day of taking it today havent been too bad have had one bad panic attack and my head has felt spaced out/ docile. Plan on takeing things easy for a few weeks and see how i go, no anxiety after a good night sleep sounds good!

James1644
14-02-13, 21:51
I think one of the hardest things is being patient. This is the first day i've thought I might have noticed a bit of a benefit mentally and i'm coming close to two weeks on it now.

TJSMITH
14-02-13, 22:08
Hi there
I just wanted to say to all of you hang in there. I am 7 months into it and the blips get shorter and shorter its a very slow acting drug but does work.
The changes are so subtle you really have to look back to see how far you have come. you will get good minutes, then hours, days and weeks
I would say the real difference takes 4-6 months so early days for you all.

Feel free to message me anytime xx

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

ps im on 100mg for anxiety and was new to all this last year i had tried Citalopram too but felt it was a false high that i didnt feel inside

manwithnoname
17-02-13, 17:52
hello uklad i am taking sertraline 150mg a day plus 1mg respiridone twice a day, haven't had any side effects so far and I think it is relieving the depression I was suffering