PDA

View Full Version : Hi..

belle
05-09-06, 20:17
I have been suffering with agoraphobia, panic attacks, anxiety and a number of other *problems* for 8 years. At one point i was completely housebound and that went on for 18 months, i didn't leave the house at all and somedays couldn't go upstairs, now, i am just about able to go a mile down the road on my own, but thats it. I've got no friends and i am very lonely.

yorkylover
05-09-06, 20:42
Welcome Sarah,you will find great people here and lots of advice and help.
Im quite a lonely person.I have a partner but no friends.I have a social phobia,anxiety and panic attacks,also depression.This has been going on for over 10 years.You are not alone.You will make lots of friends here.Iv only been on a short time and have found alot of compfort here.
[8)]

Ellen XX

juju
05-09-06, 20:53
hi sarah,
welcome to the forum, you wont be short of friends here, we all know how you feel hun, well done for the mile that you do, i bet when you were housebound you never thought you could do that?
if ever you feel lonely ,any time, you can pm me, i think we all feel the same sometimes, thank god for this site!
are u like me and feel a bit lonelier now the kids are back in school?
take care
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

Granny Primark
05-09-06, 20:56
Hi sarah,

Welcome.Youl get loads of help and advice here,and make some great friends.
Glad you found the site a comfort ellen.
Look forward to reading any future posts from you especially if theyre on the success stories.

Take care
LYNN xx

belle
05-09-06, 20:59
Hi...
Julie, you are right, i didn't think i could do that when i was housebound since going to the toilet was a MAJOR acomplishment, but what makes me so angry is that i use to be able to do it - but then...i couldn't, i hate myself for being so rubbish. *Luckily* my wee man is still at home, his school has building work thats unfinished so his going back date changed to Thursday :)
Thank you Ellen for your response.

matilda
05-09-06, 21:04
Hi Sarah this forum will make a big difference to you it has to me

take care Matilda

manmoor
05-09-06, 21:17
Hi Sarah,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

ceecee
05-09-06, 21:42
hi sarah well come to the forum,you,ll find lots of friends on here!!well done for everything you have accomplished so far.
take care rachel x

polly daydream
05-09-06, 22:11
Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum. You are no longer lonely, you have us.

Take care,

Polly

mad_shell66
06-09-06, 08:46
hiya sarah, welcome to no more panic!
well done for been able to go a mile down the road alone. thats a real good success.
i hope you find the information on this site useful, and the people supportive which im sure you will
take care
shell xx

nicjay
06-09-06, 10:26
Hi Sarah

Welcome to the forum, you will meet a lot of friendly people here and find lots of useful information.

Nicola
xxx

jill
06-09-06, 10:44
Hi Sarah

WELCOME TO THE SITE

There are lots of nice people her who will help and support you

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLX

When you fear somthing
learn as much about it as you can
Knowledge conquers fear

Paddington
06-09-06, 10:50
Hello Sarah.So glad you found this site.You are doing amazingly well already,being able to walk a mile outside how fantastic well done.So now you have joined here there will be no stopping you!I know what you mean about having no friends ,Any friends i did have dropped by the wayside years ago,,they did not understand and assumed i was making excuses not to go out etc,So i get lonely too,But since joining this forum i can at least have a natter to like minded people.It has helped me walk a mile in many ways.Lovely to meet you.Love mary rose.xxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

clickaway
06-09-06, 12:14
Welcome Sarah,

Well done on getting down the road; I understand how difficult thgat can be.

You'll meet some lovely understanding people here, and I suspect you will make some friends on this site too.

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

belle
06-09-06, 12:33
Thank you all for your lovely welcome!
I've been spending the last hour reading through this website and i have to say, to date, its the best one i have come across, i don't know how i haven't found it sooner.
Is there anyone from Essex here because i've been struggling trying to find any support groups in my area.
Thanks again :)

Sarah.

(BTW: Mary Rose, i drive the mile...walking...thats still work in progress)

clickaway
06-09-06, 14:00
Hi Sarah,

Which avenues have you tried for support groups?

Try these

Ring No Panic on 01952 590545 - they hold a directory of self-help groups

Contact your local Community Mental Health Team

Ask your library, or if you have one a local volunteer advice centre

Ask your borough/district council in case they have given a group grant aid.

Another route I recommend is the National Phobics Society, but I see they don't list any in Essex, but of course that just means nobody's told them about any.
http://www.phobics-society.org.uk/selfhelpgroups.php

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

trac67
06-09-06, 15:03
Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

fisher
06-09-06, 16:33
hi sarah my names joanne i suffer from anxiety and it must be so hard having agrophobia,where about do you live? if you need to talk i am hear, my email address i use more is buttonsj@3mail.com x

belle
06-09-06, 17:52
Hi Joanne, it is very hard having agoraphobia considering for my 21st birthday i spent it in Australia - how much further can you get from home? and now, a mile is my limit!!!
I live in Essex..where are you?
Sarah.

Leah1
06-09-06, 18:10
Hello,

my name is Leah

I wanted to share my experience with others. I went on C4 TV show called 'Fear of Flying and was lucky enough to be treated by this wonderful man called Lawrence Leyton. He not only helped me with my fear of flying but also my severe panic attacks. I am 100% fine now after many years of suffering.
He used these amazing techniques – some of them a bit strange, I must admit, but they worked. If you want to know more contact me or go to his website. Look at the link that says fast phobia cure you can download free information.
www.lawrenceleyton.com
[8D][8D][8D]

redbaron
06-09-06, 18:26
Hi Sarah,

I'm new too, I've already found people here friendly, knowledgeable and willing to help.

Dom x

“There is a certain sort of man who ignores his own good qualities but is tormented by his bad ones, this is the man who writes about himself.”
-W. Somerset Maugham

kitty24
06-09-06, 20:11
Hey,

Welcome, you aren't alone dear, hope you are feeling ok today. You'll get there, we all will. Keep on fighting!!:-)
x

belle
06-09-06, 20:48
Thanks again to everyone who has welcomed me here.

To Leah..
I was auditioned to go onto Paul Mckennas Sky One show. I was chosen out of thousands of hopefuls and in the end it came down to me and another women who was agoraphobic. I didn't get through because i "Wasn't ill enough..." I was slightly shocked considering that i feel like my illness is pretty debilitating! Oh well, clearly wasn't meant to be.
Sarah.

Leah1
06-09-06, 22:31
The great thing about the fear of flying show is that it was 40 people, so more people had a chance to helped. I also belive that Lawrence is a genuine guy and I'm not sure about PM if you know what I mean!:D:D:D

shalom
14-10-06, 17:50
Hi again. I just read what you wrote happened to you and your gran at age 11 in another topic.

I was my parent's first kid, but when
I was a month old, my grnadad had his final heartattack. My dad was totally enmeshed in being like a father to his father, whose wife deserted him, and so my dad closed up like a clam from my first month.

I went to a bioengertics guy once who without knowing that part of my family story said I had absorbed a trauma from my father as a baby. Interestingly, he suggested I become a footdoctor, a dream my dad had actually had and never fulfilled.

I did go on to learn reflexology, and did enjoy helping old people, but couldn't believe in the whole reflexology religion. I also took care of several old people, and felt I was doing for them what I wasn't able to do for my grandfather nor my dad when he got Parkinsons, since I was here.

Do you like helping old people, as a way of reconnecting with your gran?

Your distant friend, SK