PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Rolo
11-02-13, 22:26
Hi there,
I've only just stumbled across this website & it looks really good.
I am 39 years old, married & working full time. I have suffered with depression, anxiety & OCD since I was about 10 years old. I have been on anti depressants (to many types to mention) since I was about 20 years old. I have also been hospitalised in the past, terrible experiences, non understanding psychiatrists and rubbish care.
I have particularly been bad recently. I have a severe phobia about being pregnant but feel I would like to have children, I am thinking of adopting, my husband is open to this idea and is very understanding, but he would prefer us to have our own. I have had hypnosis recently, but I don't feel any different. I feel very torn apart as at my age I know lots of friends with children, babies & those going through pregnancy. If I can't mentally cope with being pregnant I feel like a failure as a woman. I have panic attacks at the thought of being pregnant though.
My life has been a nightmare roller coaster, but I'm still plodding along someone.
So that's it for now, Thanx

nomorepanic
11-02-13, 22:36
Hi Rolo

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Baggs
12-02-13, 10:09
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Annie0904
12-02-13, 11:56
Hi :welcome:

Arnie365
13-02-13, 05:37
Hi rolo, welcome to NMP

Mark13
13-02-13, 16:00
Hello rolo and :welcome:to the site.

selinaclare
13-02-13, 20:38
Hi and welcome,i have just joined too and still finding my way around this site,everybody seems so friendly and i am looking forward to becoming a part of this lovely family,i hope you are too x

smit
13-02-13, 20:41
Hey and welcome ^_^