PDA

View Full Version : Panic most waking hours

HypoCanuck
12-02-13, 01:07
Hi all,

I have had this question for some time. Is it possible to have panic attack most of the hours you are awake?

I mean that literally as soon as i wake up it starts and will not end until I am asleep and cannot feel it (however i have severe bruxism).

I always thought it lasts 10-15 minutes and then done with - but recently and in the past at certain times I continue to feel severe anxiety at panic levels most waking hours.

panickyme
12-02-13, 01:47
I am a nervous nelly all day long, from the time I wake up, till the time I go to bed. It is mentally exhausting, I think it is more like GAD,with me just feel anxious, but I do have spouts were I am really freaking out. Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

HypoCanuck
12-02-13, 13:40
Yeah for me it changes in levels - sometimes its a little less intensive but its always in the background for sure. Its just for me I have a dozen physical symptoms -and when i combine health anxiety into the mix, which each symptom I feel panic and worry..

Chrissy88
12-02-13, 14:04
I went through this exact same thing when I first developed a panic disorder. Constant panic attacks on and off all day for weeks, it's truly awful. Are you on any medication for your anxiety? After I was put on Prozac it settled down a fair bit.

HypoCanuck
12-02-13, 14:53
No medication - just pure anxiety at an outstanding level. I am starting to feel out of reality at times - thats how bad it gets. I keep repeating my name to make sure i am still able to think :-)

justwannabebetter
12-02-13, 17:51
I know how you feel. It drains you mentally and physically. Have you guys ever had throbbing in the back of your head? Like a strong pulse?

HypoCanuck
12-02-13, 20:01
yes i get that.. feels like your heart is throbbing in the head. I get it also in the neck.

becky000
12-02-13, 20:12
I went through a phase like that, of constant panic, and it was extremely draining. And then even though I was exhausted I slept only a few hours at night. What helped me was medication - Prozac, and a tranquiliser to calm me down so I could have a proper sleep at night. The other thing that helped me cope was to keep myself completely physically and mentally occupied. When I woke in the morning and the anxiety attacked I got up and exercised, walked, did house work - whatever. And every time I feel anxiety creeping up now I still use the same technique - exercise (mainly walking).

justwannabebetter
12-02-13, 21:10
Im glad theres people I can relate to...nice people. Getting through this is rough!