PDA

View Full Version : Shoveling Snow and painful heart thud.

HypoCanuck
12-02-13, 10:01
I was reading a section here the other day about heart thuds as i recall and it got me curious about my own heart. Now in about 10 hours from now I am going for some tests on my heart but just wanted to see if anyone else experiences this.

I have had heart palps before and i know those are a symptom of anxiety, but while I was shoveling the other day - as we had a huge snow storm here - while shoveling I was exerting myself allot pushing and lifting the shovel when all of a sudden I had this huge Heart Thud I guess you would call it.

It lasted maybe 3 - 5 seconds and was intense pain - almost like the heart had a huge Beat - almost felt like it exploded is the only way i can put it.

Anyways it stopped and then of course all was fine. I had this a few times before when i would run fast and do heavy lifting or exercise.

My fear really is when I go for my stress test EKG tomorrow they will not put my through exercise as strenuous has what causes this symptom and will miss something.

Is it normal when you over exert yourself to much for this to happen?

I am not even sure what it is buy my fear is angina..

OMG the last few months i have feared heart disease on a daily basis.

owlkeeper
12-02-13, 14:23
I cannot say what it is, becuase I'm not a doctor. But I do know the stress test is a good way to show underlying causes (because if it doesn't show up under stress then it usually is uncomfortable but not dangerous) So if there is something wrong they should find it during stress test.

I've had an EKG recently because of a stomach ulcer (I didn't know at the time I just had pain on my chest that is why they made one and only later found out it was an ulcer). The EKG showed that when I had pain my heartbeat went trough the roof and skipped a beat sometimes. The dr said it was not dangerous but normal when in pain. Maybe the pain you felt caused your heart to skip a beat?