PDA

View Full Version : Worried today tingling in face

jaynehal
12-02-13, 10:24
Help needed please!

Been the docs this morn but they couldn't fit me in :((

I am now googling which isn't helping but can't stop,

Why have I got this tingling face on left cheek it's bugging me and driving me mad

Jayne xxx

HypoCanuck
12-02-13, 10:42
Hi there,

I am not sure why you have tingling in your face, but I can tell you that I also have this sensation where parts of my face get the tingling sensation and sometimes even goes numb.

Do you ever get a burning sensation as well - almost like an electrical zap in the face, jaw section? That also is something I feel.

From my research with google of course this is a common anxiety issue that some people have.

Now I am not sure but do you shallow breath? I mean breath rapidly and through your chest?

What i have read indicated hyperventilation can cause this feeling - maybe taking deep breaths through the stomach will help... stomach breathing?

I have the same sensations as you and in fact I am feeling it now. During my MRI i had that feeling so badly... it has to be related to anxiety..

Its almost like the nervous system fires out of whack when anxiety is on out door step..

Hope you find relief soon

jaynehal
12-02-13, 11:05
Thanks for your reply feel awful today with worry :(( I will take your advice on board and try to breath correctly and relax but I'm finding it hard! Need see a Doc xx

HypoCanuck
12-02-13, 11:11
I hear you.. i know how bad it can get..

I am awake right now in full worry mode googling all kinds of stuff when i should be sleeping.

Hopefully you can relax a little

jaynehal
12-02-13, 11:57
Hope you can relax also and get some sleep! Xx

jayred
12-02-13, 12:08
During my worst Anxiety stage i would have tingles everywhere feet arms face it took me 8 months to get over that stage and then after a weeks holiday i came back and they were gone sometimes we just need something to take our minds off it to give us that boost that it is really in our head so we can begin the fight back against this horrible anxiety.

HypoCanuck
12-02-13, 12:12
my problem is they start when i wake up and stay with me till i sleep. The issue i have is - i cannot understand how these can last so many hours in the day - it often is what makes me feel like its not anxiety or panic... I have never read that panic attacks can last 24/7.

However i have read about somatization disorder - conversion disorder. I often wonder if i have that..

jayred
12-02-13, 12:14
I doubt you do and in all honesty if your thinking about it even in the back of your mind they will stay with you. It seems that when your worried your body plays tricks on you. I have had many random things that last for long periods but i realise that at times when my mind is on something else they arent there. Its so difficult to come to terms with and is a long long road that im far from off yet but you have to start with belief

HypoCanuck
12-02-13, 12:17
yeah this is a crazy illness - anxiety. For me it all started as a young boy. Geez when i look back how scared I was as a boy it breaks my heart. Now I understand sometimes why I have these attacks - they almost feel like PTSD in some ways

jayred
12-02-13, 12:26
yeah mine started when i was shown a story about meningitis when i was still a child. From that day it took me months to get over the thought that i had it every day it kindve dissapeared for a while until it made an appearence last year. now with my current problems i dont know if its anxiety or something else just so frustrating

jaynehal
12-02-13, 13:13
Thanks guys one of my friend has said to me perhaps I'm making it worse in my mind and imagining it, but it feels so real :( defo got the tingling and stretchy feeling going on in part over my mouth/ cheek xx