PDA

View Full Version : Bullying at work??

Em.ma
12-02-13, 18:17
Found out today my floor manager has been going round to other staff cslling me a 'ginger ....' :mad: and other various names etc. anyone who sticks up to him they don't believe they take his word over anyone else's.
My supervisor had wrote we had gone for lunch at half one when I had wrote line down to make me look I didn't know what I was doing.
Some other women called me a lazy cow to my manager.
Etc etc. the backstabbing and bitching at that place is unbelievable and I've told no one because I'm not a grass and feel terrible for them if I report it.
I was bullied at school, bullied at home and now I'm bullied at work.
He also says I can't run the lines and the man I was working with today let me do it all no issues. Basically I'm doing it but being paid to do a lower down job so his preventing a pay rise .
Angry, had enough. Time to find another job doesn't help me in anyway what so ever.

Lucinda07
12-02-13, 19:05
Sorry to hear about the trouble at work. Your colleagues & manager are not being professional - no need for name calling/insults especially from a "boss". If there is an aspect of your job that he would like you to do differently, then he should be specific & say "Emma next time you do (whatever) I would like you to do X" & stick to the issue. Alternatively, if you are feeling brave you approach him & take the bull by the horns "Jack, (what ever his name is) when I do job Y is there anything in particular you would like me to differently. If he starts to by "funny" say I would appreciate it if we can discuss the issue constructively. He sounds a rubbish manager.
As for your workmates - they dont pay your wages so to Hell with them. I'm sure they make mistakes and have off days too.
I've been bitched about at work too and considered "lazy". Sometimes my manager has been able to diffuse the situation before it escalates. Backbiting in the office can be really horrible. I sympathise.