PDA

View Full Version : I can't pee?!

littlehorii
12-02-13, 20:07
Hi so I haven't posted on here for quite some time.
But since yesterday I have been unable to pee after taking a Nytol on Sunday night and one of the side effects is urinary retention however its really bad and I'm finding it so hard to urinate. I've tried drinking loads of water but that only helps for a bit and I'm at a loss of what to do I'm so distressed and I'm scared my bladders going to burst inside of me :(
Anyone help please?!

Annie0904
12-02-13, 20:11
If you have not been able to pass water since yesterday and it is starting to get painful then I suggest you call NHS helpline. they may be able to get you to see a doctor tonight who can prescribe something to help x

littlehorii
12-02-13, 20:17
Thank you, it isn't painful its just uncomfortable I rang up my doctors and they said they've no appointments and were just very very uncaring towards me. I feel fine in general I don't feel poorly or anything. My Mums working tonight and I have no way of getting to a walk in centre tonight or anywhere :( I suppose I could ring up my doctor again tomorrow and ask to speak to a doctor over the phone and ask to be prescribed something and get it on my way back from college, just want to pee SO bad and I just can't! :( Never wanted anything more than to just pee and I never thought I'd say that haha

Annie0904
12-02-13, 20:23
Is there no one else who could take you to the walk in centre? It is going to be very uncomfortable for you x

littlehorii
12-02-13, 20:28
No theres no one else I know who can drive :( So worried something dreadfuls going to happen to me

Elle-Kay
12-02-13, 20:31
I know you said you've tried drinking water, but have you tried tea? Tea is a diuretic, so it helps to stimulate urination.

I also suggest you call NHS Direct (or whatever they're called) for advice, as it isn't good for you to retain urine for long periods.

littlehorii
12-02-13, 20:37
Thank you, yes I actually tried tea last night and it worked! So I'm going to try it again I have just drank a load of water again and it has passed some urine along but I'm just struggling to keep a "flow" going if that makes sense

Elle-Kay
12-02-13, 20:39
Does it sting/feel uncomfortable when you pee at all? Reduced flow can be a sign of a UTI as well, if it comes with the uncomfortable feeling. Drinking plenty will help with that too though, so keep at it :)

littlehorii
12-02-13, 20:46
It did a little bit before, I did actually have a UTI last week which was very painful and antibiotics sorted it out so I wonder if I have another UTI hmm

Anxious_gal
12-02-13, 21:07
you managed to pee! It's really not good if you are 100% unable to pee, n if nothing else works the doctors can put a little tube up the urethra to make you pee. Mention it to your doctor too next time you see them and maybe to find out what caused it in the first place : )