PDA

View Full Version : Explain this one

ScheifferB
12-02-13, 21:49
So recently the doctor has seen it fit that I go back on my 10mg of Citalopram as he deems it reasonable for my current circumstances. Which are my broken ankle (constantly in the house) and debt stresses, and the fact that my previous course of Citalopram wasn't reviewed enough due to me missing weeks of taking my meds and generally being irresponsible with them.

Now I can't quite remember the first few weeks and how it feels to be on them, but I'm on my 2nd or 3rd week in and my anxiety is pretty rocky, and the main feeling I seem to get is quite hard to explain, it's like that feeling of forgetting to do something and trying to remember what it is, I also grit my teeth a lot and feel slightly frustrated as if I want to release a lot of energy but I can't. I have been having my bouts of depression and those annoying intrusive thoughts that are just THERE but nothing else out of the ordinary.

Can anybody help me with some of their side effects? or explain what this is?

yorkshirepudding
12-02-13, 22:26
Hi There

10 weeks on citalopram here.

The first couple of weeks anxiety wise were really bad for me. Then I got the dizziness and feeling weird and headaches but mood improved significantly at week 6 for me and has been good ever since.

Other side effects including the ones mentioned.

Stomach Cramps
Nausea
Lack of appetite
headaches
dizziness
confusion
Initially Anx got worse
Lots of toilet visits (both)
Shakes
Tremor
Tiredness
Weird things with my jaw.

All sounds normal right now, give it chance to work and you will know when it kicks in!

ScheifferB
12-02-13, 22:46
Okay cheers for the response, re-assuring :)

BobbyDog
13-02-13, 09:26
It sounds to me that you are doing exceptionally well with this medication. The side effects should start to wear off pretty soon. I took Citalopram for a number of years and my anxiety levels were at their lowest on this medication, hang on in there.