PDA

View Full Version : I took propranolol for the first time today

xvolatileheart
12-02-13, 22:38
On the whole, I think it went really well. I didn't have any racing heart or palpitations on the train which was amazing! Public transport lately has been really awful for me. It doesn't take away the mental anxiety, but not having the heart symptoms made such a difference.

My doctor has been really unhelpful, but I've decided to take 20mg in the morning and 20mg in the afternoon and see how it goes.

Boingboingboing
13-02-13, 00:17
Welldone :)
Angela

xvolatileheart
14-02-13, 14:52
Thank you! I'm experimenting with doses and I don't have it right yet. 20mg made me feel a little bit off so I'm trying 10mg which worked well, but wears off quickly and I go back to feeling panicky when it wears off.

The one side effect that's really bad is my sleep has been terrible. I have really vivid dreams and wake up frequently so I feel exhausted when I wake up.

Jamesk
14-02-13, 16:22
Glad to hear it is helping - it works really well for me.

I am pretty sure the pharmacist said very vivid dreams were a side effect, but I am on so many pills I may have got mixed up with something else.

ricardo
14-02-13, 16:57
You are right that one can get insomnia or broken sleep on this drug. I take it myself but my evening 20mg I take at about 6.00PM as opposed to later.

Janine
14-02-13, 18:10
I take mine in the morning and am on a slow release one that works really well as it means I take it every day and it keeps in my system, it has really helped me a lot.