PDA

View Full Version : Crises Levels of Anxiety

HypoCanuck
12-02-13, 22:48
I am just wondering, has anyone ever felt so bad with anxiety they have felt the need to go to the hospital for the anxiety itself?

I mean not going to the hospital with worries of certain illnesses, but rather going to the hospital to actually get help for the anxiety which appears to be at crises levels.

Currently I am feeling so rotten as i have just underwent several tests and am feeling so much anxiety at unbearable levels.

I do not take any medication and feel I need some type of relief and know of nothing that can help.

I wonder if i was to go to the hospital and explain I just cant cope with it anymore what they can do for me..

I have had anxiety for a while now - but this level is unbearable - I am just fearing everything - its getting so much out of hand

Does this sound like a nervous breakdown? - OH great another thing to google.

Anxious_gal
12-02-13, 23:25
It depends on the hospital, the may or may not admit you straight away.
Once you sign in you cannot leave unless a doctor says you are fit to do so. Although most hospitals you can easily walk out of in fairness : )

You would eventually see a psychiatrist and maybe a psychological, more than likely they will start you on antidepressants, maybe sedatives or sleeping pills to help you sleep.
They may also put you on an out patient program where you should be able to get extra therapy and maybe group therapy.

For your first night, they may put you in a room closer to the nurses station, I guess it depends on where you go but you might be sharing a room with another person.

If you do go, you can go to your ER or have your own doctor refer you.

rb1978
12-02-13, 23:32
I've never been to a hospital for anxiety but I did once go to the doctor for it. I had been going to the doctors a bit with stomach problems - convinced it was stomach cancer and only after eventually getting hospital tests done did they prove it was IBS.

I was in such a state that I was struggling with concentrating at work and in my free time I was just sat at home thinking how I was gonna die.

I remember getting an appointment at the Doctors and just going in for the anxiety itself. I think I just kind of said "I'm really worried about how I'm feeling..." And told her I was finding it hard to function on a day to day basis with it.

She prescribed some anti-depressants and I went on a waiting list to see a counsellor.

HypoCanuck
14-02-13, 09:30
Yeah i am way over the top and i need some serious help. The levels of anxiety i feel are just way over board - I for the first time in my life cannot eat. I have not eaten in 48 hours. I just cannot eat.

spottitchsam
14-02-13, 15:41
Yeah i am way over the top and i need some serious help. The levels of anxiety i feel are just way over board - I for the first time in my life cannot eat. I have not eaten in 48 hours. I just cannot eat.
hi Hypocanuck is there no way you can take your self off to your gp,if you do not get on with your usual one ask if you could see someone else.take a friend or member of family for support.i lost it totally on new years day,i had all my lovely family around me but i NEEDED someone medical around me.so i got my son to ring 999 and ask for the paramedics to see me.it was just what i needed they done severval test and stayed with me for 2 hours until i had stayabled myself and i was happy for them to leave me.that was the start of the ball rolling i got in touch with my own gp and after 2/3 weeks i had found the right medication i needed to get me calm again.i have a few odd moments throughout the day when i feel sorry for myself but i am 50% better since 1st january.as for eating i was the same but because i had to take my pills with food i tried having custard which slips down easy,couple of boiled eggs,porrage,soup,icecream,instant whip.
please seek help now.keep on logging in to this site its a life saver.take care.keep in touch.x:hugs:

spacebunnyx
14-02-13, 17:44
Hi, like you, I'm not on any medication but I have found that occasional diazapam (and I mean really occasional like 2mg every other month helps me through an anxiety crisis. lets me sleep etc.