PDA

View Full Version : Weird vertigo feeling... Anxiety related?

hempchick
13-02-13, 03:29
Okay, so since Friday I have been having this weird sensation where if I look to the left or right really quickly, I get dizzy. It feels like the same feeling as when you stand at the top of a really tall building and look down, that sort of fear/adrenaline feeling. It only lasts for a few seconds, but then I have anxiety over it and the lightheadedness stays. I freaked out about it right now and called the doctor, and she didn't think it was anything urgent. I am still light headed and my hands are freezing. Do you think this actually could be vertigo? I have never had it before so I'm not sure. I'm just terrified it's a brain tumor or something

OliviaD
14-02-13, 09:28
Could it be this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benign_paroxysmal_positional_vertigo It's the most common type of vertigo and it's totally harmless :) Go to an oto, if you need it he will make a maneuvre to get your otholits back in place. Sometimes they "melt" spontaneously.
I have it right now (3 weeks ago I had vertigo while lying down, imagine!), though it's getting better. Doctor didn't make the maneuvre on me because according to him my otholits are almost gone. I have to do some exercises at home (rotating head to left and right quickly, something like this).