PDA

View Full Version : Taking an extra one?

willous1
13-02-13, 11:56
I cant remember if I took my 40mg this morning. I am feeling dizzy so have taken one. However I keep panicking that I took it as sure i did. At 28 I shouldnt be forgetting but just after I woke up i was thinking about taking it and a few minutes later just couldnt remember if i had or not. Anyone else ever had this. Is it concentration or something worse? If I did take it will I be ok?

nomorepanic
13-02-13, 12:17
If you did take it then that is quite a high dose - the maximum is 40mg per day so you would have take 80mg.

willous1
13-02-13, 13:19
If you did take it then that is quite a high dose - the maximum is 40mg per day so you would have take 80mg.

Oh no, im really scared now. What shall I do.

nomorepanic
13-02-13, 13:23
I guess it depends how you are feeling and whether you really think you took 2 or not.

If you start to feel unwell then maybe call the doctor for advice.

Just an idea but get one of those pill organisers then you will know if you have taken the tablet or not that day

nicola1980
13-02-13, 13:44
Hi i use a pill organiser box as i sometimes forget whether ive took my meds or not, there brilliant, id monitor how you feel and call your doc if you atart to feel unwell xx

willous1
13-02-13, 13:51
For future reference, If i forget whether I took one or not, is it best to skip rather than add another one in. What affect will this have. Also at 28 should I be doing things like this? Going to get an organizer.

nomorepanic
13-02-13, 13:54
It would be best to skip at that dose. You may get withdrawal type symptoms.

nicola1980
13-02-13, 14:21
When i was on citalopram i often used to forget a dose and it never effected me, cit has a long half life so stays in your body a long time xx