PDA

View Full Version : A little about me

selinaclare
13-02-13, 12:43
Hi,i joined yesterday & introduced myself as Selinaclare,but didnt put anything about me,so i thought i would update a little.
My name is Selinaclare,although i get called sel or selina,either way im fine with that.I am 37,live in Plymouth,Devon & i am married,i have 3 children,2 of which live at home,i have 2 dogs & 3 cats.I have Systemic Lupus Erythematosis(SLE),rhuematoid arthritsis & double depression(Dysmithia & Ahedadonia).I also suffer with depression linked to my lupus.I am on a large amount of medications for both my lupus & depression,life is very hard for us as both my husband & i dont talk to either sides off our family,so the only support that we do have is just the 4 off us.My gp recommended this site as my mental health has started spiraling out of control as well as my lupus in flare.I say sorry alot which really winds my family up,but i cant help it.My Anxiety started when i fisrt got diagnosied with the lupus 16 years ago,but over the last 6,8 months its been horrendous.I have been hospitalised through panic attacks & lupus,im now finding it so hard to go out or do menial tasks.I am fighting the ESA to keep my sick benefits and i am attending my tribunal on the 20th feb.My youngest daughter has autism,and she is getting over her overdose and awaiting cbt.My cbt assesment is starting on the 7th of may.I think that might be a little too much infofor everyone to take in,but i thought ive got to start somewhere & start trying to trust again,and be honest and get it out there.Thankyou for taking the time to read this.xxx

nomorepanic
13-02-13, 12:54
Hi selinaclare

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
13-02-13, 13:06
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

asmmargod
13-02-13, 14:27
Hey there. You're not alone in your struggles and myself similar to you live with my partner and our son and we also have really the 3 of us to keep us going.
Hope you're going to find this site helpful. All the best x

Mark13
13-02-13, 16:02
Hi Sel, welcome to the forum.

ricardo
13-02-13, 16:32
Welcome to NMP Sel. xx

ruthless
13-02-13, 17:46
Hi
I think you are so brave. Makes me feel a fraud for feeling so awful when I have no physical ailments and a supporting family and friends:)

selinaclare
13-02-13, 20:36
Hi and thankyou very much everyone,Please dont feel like a fraud,just because you dont suffer from physical problems doesnt make your porblems any less important than anyone elses,i dont see myself as brave i just battled on like everybody else does.Thankyou to everybody who has commented on my thread and made me feel very welcome.Love to you all xxx <3