PDA

View Full Version : Taking propanolol when ill (virus infection/cough cold)

WackoJacko
13-02-13, 19:10
Hi i suffer with hart palpitations and only seem to get palps when im either moving around such as walking to the shop or doing annything that may get my circulation going so to speak

Another reason i get palpitations is when i catch a common cold or annything else for the matter.... if im ill ile probaly get palpitations

I was woundering if its safe to take a propanolol for palpitations that are induced by the fact that im ill and not the fact im having anxiety

I origanaly was given propanolol for palps that were caused by anxiety but i feel i have conqoured my anxiety months and months ago but even so they are still there BUT ONLY WHEN I WALK AROUND OR GET ACTIVE

I am having a box on for 7 days but they making me wait till 8th april but annyway going of the subject here

Please can someone let me no if its safe to take it for palps induced by being under the weather

valleybear
13-02-13, 21:28
Has the Dr directed you to take the meds on a regular basis? If so then I don't think it would be wrong to take them. I am on Propanalol but just take them regularly each day. If on the other hand the DR just said "take them when you experience the palps" then maybe you should clarify with the surgery. I always thought that they were prescribed on a regular basis ie "one twice daily "or something like that, but maybe I am wrong. Hope you can get clarification.

WackoJacko
14-02-13, 16:20
ye its take 1 when required :)

ricardo
14-02-13, 16:43
If you want my honest opinion from someone else who takes propanolol, I would check back with your doctor.
If you have conquered your anxiety he may suggest you take something else for emergencies.
Do you have high BP or asthma and also the airways could be slightly blocked with a cold or virus.