PDA

View Full Version : is my lifestyle and circumstances not helping my anxiety?

tricia56
13-02-13, 19:43
hi mot sure if this is the right place to post and sorry its long ,but ive had gad for over 7 yrs now and ive had cbt twice now and not on meds but its not getting any better every day im anxiouse as soon as i get up till i go to bed.i do my relaxation every day i try distraction but im still anxiouse ive had blood tests done a few times and everything comes back normal.so nowim thinking maybe it is because of my situation and circumstances at home is not helping me to get better, as im on beniefts so money is very tight i have my son27 and daughter16 at home and also my sister 47 is staying with me since she came out of hospital because she is clinical depressed and tryed to kill herself she sleeps on my sofa and doesnt get up till 2 in the afternoon and just sits watching tv the rest of the day so when i get up in the mornings i cant go and sit in my living room because she is there asleep so i have to sit in my bedroom untill she gets up so i spend alot f time on my own which starts my mind going . i dont have no friends or anyware to go as i moved home 4mnths ago to the other side of town from ware i used to live and all my other familly are the other side of town so i dont see them as im scared to travel on public transport because of my anxiety, also my ex partner who ive been split up from 7yrs ago as been at my house since before xmas and he also sleeeps on my living room floor even tho i didnt ask him to start staying here he just took it it off his own back to stay as he has his own bedroom at his sisters ware he is suopsed to be living, i tell him to go home but he never does , he moans all the time and trys telling me wat i should or shouldnt do and interferes with the running of my home so it feels like we are still together and never split up and i feel i cant move on because of him, i know i should just tell him to go home but i hate upseting any one and just dont seem to be stong enough to open my mouth to people as ive always wanted people to like me and always done things to please every body else so i wouldnt be rejected . so could all this be a reason why my anxiety isnt getting any better.

BobbyDog
13-02-13, 20:10
Have you posted this before? I seem to remember reading the same thread some time ago.
Your living arrangements are definitely not helping your anxiety. You need to take charge of the situation.

Dazza123
13-02-13, 20:37
You feel as if you have no control in your own home, that will definitely add to your anxiety, you have to take control no matter how difficult it is. I lost some control a little time ago, but got it back, and felt a little better. Your sister is taking control by owning the living room, and your ex is taking control by trying to tell you what to do, and it needs to change. I have learned that when I feel in control of my own life, I feel a bit more confident and a little less anxious, so try to make a stand if you can.

Hope you are able to and you start to feel better soon :)

JaVelin
14-02-13, 15:46
Please. it sounds harsh but you might want to contemplate the idea of surrounding yourself with good people (probably the wrong word maybe, well.. would be more appropriate) I don't mean to say turn your back on the people you love there at home (the boyfriend probably needs a talking to he makes me mad the way you describe him) But maybe join a club or volunteer where you can spend a portion of your week with happy productive people. There are subtle things healthy society can teach you even if you don't know it because it just rubs off when people are together for a common purpose, then things might not seems so bad. If all you see is misery all day every day no wonder you can't get past it. I think also this might be the best way to help those around you as your better frame of mind and positive activity will start to rub off on them as well. I see it as being a long process and there might be issues where they see you devoting some of your time to something other than them might cause jealousy but then you could explain to them how this situation is making you feel. One thing I've learned in life, even if I can't seem to get past my own issue at the moment is if you keep doing the same things you will keep getting the same results.