PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Disturbance

Robertomac
16-06-04, 12:28
Hi Everyone

I had a really bad night last night. I woke up not long after three in the morning with severe discomfort in the centre of my chest. It is a difficult feeling to describe. It's almost like pressure building up on the inside, just behind the breastbone and you keep wondering whether something is going to burst. I had been having funny dreams aswell, so when I awoke I was feeling abit confused and frightened.

I tried to ignore the chest pain and just get back to sleep and I eventually did. But, it took a while and was very unpleasant. I didn't want to wake my girlfriend, but there are some points when you can't help thinking 'I need an ambulance, I am on my way out!'.

Today (this morning)I have felt on edge and as if I could fall into panic at any moment. The chest pain was gone when I first woke up at about 08:00, but soon returned when I started about my day. Do you think constant thinking about it could have brought it back this morning?

I had this same thing twice last week, but have been ok and slept well for the last seven nights until last night.

Also, when people experience panic attacks, how long do you feel sort of 'drained' following it? I feel pretty wrecked for quite a while sometimes a day. Is this normal? Does anyone else feel like that?

Cheers
Rob

hazel
16-06-04, 12:36
With regards to feeling drained after a panic attack, I often feel comepletley drained, vulnerable,exhausted and emotional for sometimes 2 or 3 days after the attack, I think this is pretty normal.

HB
16-06-04, 14:27
it really is an awful feeling not being able to sleep isnt it? i tried having a fan on me all the time and it works for me- try it?

H

Meg
16-06-04, 14:45
Hi Rob,

I know that one well.

If it happens again , get out of bed and do a few very slow but full stretches with proper breathing in the bathroom or somewhere and then try settling down again.
It's mostly chest muscles tightening.

The thinking will certainly cause them to return - symptoms respond to your thoughts. Energy follows thought. I could convince myself dizzy for the whole trip back from Leeds when I wasn't even dizzy at all .

Its also very common to be exhausted, emotional and clingy after an episode.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

april tones
18-06-04, 21:11
hi, i wake up in night feeling odd too and have bad dreams. I cant explain how i feel. All spaced out and breathless i think. april

apriltones

jo-jo
18-06-04, 22:21
Hi there

I think feeling pretty bad after a panic attack is quite normal I know when I have one I feel really on edge, tired and miserable the following day and sometimes a bit funny the day after that too.

Hope you're feeling a bit better now

Take Care

Jo

gingerone
23-06-04, 20:14
Hi Rob
some advice i had this and more pain too and i started to take nytol herbal tabs 5.00 pounds from boots and i have had good slrrp most of the time since. x

c j giff