PDA

View Full Version : Will it ever get better????

Paulac
14-02-13, 06:01
Yet again another morning waking at 5 with the adrenilin rushing thru me, getting fed up, didn't take the chlorpromazine tab last nite cuz I fell asleep early, wasn't gona take it this morning cuz I don't like the drowsy feeling but I just decided to take it there to c if it helps( really worried about becoming addicted to them). This will b day 7 of my citalopram 20mg. I feel sick with fear thinking this is how it's gonna b for me:(

Paula xx

jackie13
14-02-13, 07:54
Morning hun

It WILL get better, remember you have increased your cit by 50% so you will have these side effects. Try and let go of this worry, don't live in your head as you are keeping it there, I know it's difficult but please try and you will be able to manage a lot better until you recover fully. When I was really ill I had diazepam to calm me but only took these as an extreme as they made me feel drowsy, I had all your symptoms and more so stick with it hun, mornings are the worse but it will gradually fade if you accept the anxiety. There is no way it can hurt you, you are not loosing your mind, please read as much as you can on accepting the feelings and riding with them.

Jackie xx

Charlie11
14-02-13, 08:38
Everything jackie has posted is sooo true. At this mo you feel as if you will never be anxiety free. But you will. Increasing your meds can be a nightmare :weep: it was for me I'm on Prozac and my last increase was the 18 th jan and felt soooo bad especially in the morning 4 wks on I'm starting to feel better (scared to say it in case I get a blip). The difference between last week and this week is so much better. Hang in there. This is a great site full advice and fabbie people who are all going through the same.:hugs:

lashes
14-02-13, 08:56
When I started citalopram everything just got so much worse and I thought that they weren't going to work it was the end for me and all those kinda things but after 6 weeks I noticed improvements stick with them :) x

Annip
14-02-13, 09:09
Yet again another morning waking at 5 with the adrenilin rushing thru me, getting fed up, didn't take the chlorpromazine tab last nite cuz I fell asleep early, wasn't gona take it this morning cuz I don't like the drowsy feeling but I just decided to take it there to c if it helps( really worried about becoming addicted to them). This will b day 7 of my citalopram 20mg. I feel sick with fear thinking this is how it's gonna b for me:(

Paula xx
Hi Paula..what you are feeling are the side effects of the meds getting into your system. It can take a while for your body to get used to them. Take each day as it comes. Slowly. Try and occupy yourself doing lots of different things. Don't worry about using other med cos this will help. Each day you will become a little stronger..celebrate the moments and think about your achievements. It may take 2/3 weeks but you will get there. Read lots of post on here. Everyone is so supportive.
Good luck.
:) Anni xx

hellan1980
14-02-13, 12:18
I'm on paroxatine been on them since 2009. It can take a month before you see any benefit, so don't loose hope. My husband is on citalipram and it took a while before we noticed a difference. Also search the internet for other coping mechinisms.

Paulac
14-02-13, 17:54
Thanks for ur support everyone, means alot. Jackie I'm really trying to stop focusing on what's going on inside my head but I'm really finding it impossible, I can't seem to think of anything else other than how I'm feeling mentally, it's driving me crazy!! I feel really confused today also, like I can't think a straight thought(if that makes sense). I feel like my mind is so fragile that I couldn't cope with anything at all, even the smallest things. Also feel like I'm finding it wierd to interact with my kids today like I don't feel like their mummy, feels like Iv no feelings. It's scaring me!
I'm wondering if its possible Iv had some sort of nervous breakdown or is all these feelings common of just anxiety??
Paula xx

jackie13
14-02-13, 19:54
Hi hun

The symptoms you describe are extremely normal. Each day when I was were you are I had a different symptom. Now, I upped my dose on a Monday just by 10mg each day there was something else to report, on day 8 I had the "out of body" feelings. I felt not there, flat, depressed, anxious, etc but I got through and so can you hun:). Try and recognise the feelings accept them and then concentrate on noises around you. Basically don't try and block out how you feel, accept it then stay in the moment, I know it's hard, I understand it's awful, but with practise you will get better quicker. Please read up on CBT etc it will get you through this with the meds, remember knowledge is power, PM me if you want.

Keep posting. One of the things that helped me was getting a book and writing down every time you have a feeling thought no matter how bad it is, don't dwell on what you have just written down, the more you write and accept it will fade.

Hugs
Jackie xx

Annip
15-02-13, 10:20
Hi Paulac
You will get through. Hang on in there. I know the feelings are horrible. I know how how hard it is to not think about whats going on with your mind.
Try and rest when you can, try relaxation techniques, try and face your fears and accept them. I understand that these feelings can be overwhelming but they cannot hurt you. Sometimes anti depressants increase anxiety..chemically.. to start with but I promise they will fade....gradually. Take each moment as it comes.
Jackie is right :) read lots of posts on here and self help posts.
Best wishes to you and lots of :hugs:
Anni xx

star2sparkle
15-02-13, 14:55
Hi Paulac

Sometimes it is okay to distract yourself with something and isn't weak at all, and I realise how hard it can be to even get your mind onto something else. I watched all of BBC1's Merlin over and over again and really immersed myself in the characters! It really did help. As soon as you find yourself involved in something else, many of your symptoms will diminish. And also, try to look forward to tomorrow being a better day. I have a really good feeling that it will be...keep smiling and looking forward, not inwards :D

Trixie
24-02-13, 12:23
Hi Paulac

Sometimes it is okay to distract yourself with something and isn't weak at all, and I realise how hard it can be to even get your mind onto something else. I watched all of BBC1's Merlin over and over again and really immersed myself in the characters! It really did help. As soon as you find yourself involved in something else, many of your symptoms will diminish. And also, try to look forward to tomorrow being a better day. I have a really good feeling that it will be...keep smiling and looking forward, not inwards :D

But didn't you break your heart when Arthur died?:weep: