PDA

View Full Version : lone train jurney today

gregcool
14-02-13, 08:00
first time on a train for many months..But today is the first time on my own for 8 years..Norm have my wife with me , but even then i feel very anxious and panic..so this will be a test on my health..

Annie0904
14-02-13, 09:09
I hope it goes well for you Greg.

Col
14-02-13, 09:42
Ahh Greg good luck love. Trains remind me of planes nowadays they are super streamline , the speed and the seating so I think that's why I dislike them soo much! Luckily for me I will never have to get on one unless I want to. I'd always drive so I'm in control.

Hopefully you'll be on a smaller one , well I find that the better type. Hope your ok , can relate to this.

xvolatileheart
14-02-13, 15:01
Hope it went well! Trains have become my trigger lately, and I have to take it twice a day getting to and from work. :wacko:

I'm flying to the US by myself in May and I'm already panicking about it.

gregcool
14-02-13, 15:52
Ha !!! I beat it...got on with panic building, but was determin to do this..After first stop my panic lowered then the next couple of stops, i was on slight anxiety and got of at my stop..But now back on the train coming home, with NO panic at all..im very relaxed..yes....just face up to my fear head on..I didnt want to do this today at all..but i was also determin to change my life today with a possitive step...Im so glad i done this I feel realy happy sitting hear right now ..

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

funny how fear can cause fear and how being in control can cause confidence...i just figured nothing is going to happen other than panic ..but i was ready to face it and fight..It worked..I will be trying other things now i know it can be beaten..

JaVelin
14-02-13, 15:53
very good. buckle down and get it done. I'm a glider pilot and while I was training for it we had a student make a hard landing.. very hard. she was shaking and afraid to go back up and I have to hand it to her, we were able to get her back up flying that afternoon and kept on her about it repeatedly landing and getting towed back up. that was .. wow longer ago that I want to think but this sounds like you. you've beaten it now make it routine.

gregcool
14-02-13, 16:13
will do JaVelin..thanks

clio51
14-02-13, 16:21
Hi Greg,

Wondering how you were doing. How's the new med going?

Well done you for taking control of IT, the dreaded panic keep it going.

I've come of the one I was on promazine 5no spoonful, it's the same type of med your on but I got too many SE. Metal taste, jaw teeth aching horrendous headaches.

Annie0904
14-02-13, 18:25
Really pleased to hear that the journey went well :yesyes:

BikerMatt
14-02-13, 19:09
Nice one greg!!!!!!!!!!

rb1978
14-02-13, 21:09
Hooray! Glad it went well. Trains were one thing I was really frightened of at one point and I used to do this horrible drive to work every day over isolated roads to avoid them. I think some times you just have to go for it. I remember being like you first time I got the train to work (doesn't help that between my stop and the next one is a long tunnel) but I did it and it was fine. Now I get the train to work every day.

It is just a little ricketty one that trundles along and never does more than about 30mph though :blush:

gregcool
14-02-13, 22:09
Hi Greg,

Wondering how you were doing. How's the new med going?

Well done you for taking control of IT, the dreaded panic keep it going.

I've come of the one I was on promazine 5no spoonful, it's the same type of med your on but I got too many SE. Metal taste, jaw teeth aching horrendous headaches.

Hi Clio.had some bad days..but sleeping on these new meds at a low dose..I have Psychology sessions coming up soon..still just waiting for a different med with my sessions..Still down but having some ups..Only prob is my new med im on, only quater of recomended low dose, is giving me breathing probs, my throte keeps feeling tight,, never had this before , so am a bit concerned about it..How you doing,, sorru to hear you are having all the side effects..I think you and me are the same with the se..ahrrr

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

Thanks Guys for your support...It really helps...:hugs:

clio51
14-02-13, 23:15
Hi Greg

What is the recommended dose for Quetipine
Have a look at the SE on leaflet you get with them or if you don't like reading them (like me) ask you wife and see if it says about breathing Tec.
It's good your sleeping better now,prob why your having good few days your not as exhausted. Because if we're tried our body can't recover.

I still don't sleep good, having zopiclone tonight havnt had any for 5 days. Tried sedating antihistamine that doc gave me while back for couple nights first night worked great second night nooo. I need something to relax me, I have 2mg' s of diazepam by only use them now and again as don't want to get hooked on them. I'm constantly holding myself tense, if I could get this and sleep sorted it would be a great help. Just been left in mid air at mo, my psych hasn't got back to me bloody NHS.

Take care keep posting will be looking out for you.

gregcool
15-02-13, 08:22
sorry to haer you still not sleeping well..ask for what im on and just try a quater of the min dose and you will find sleep..they have a sedetive in them..im not trying to get onto recomended full dose of these, as im waiting for the next batch of anti depres med tbey are going to give...I am going to give them a real good go, starting very low and increase very slow to avoid SE..hope you find a bit of peice soon Clio..I now first hand from not sleeping what it does to your state of mind....take care and speek to u again real soon.