PDA

View Full Version : Hi from London

hellan1980
14-02-13, 12:40
Hi so glad I found this place it nice to talk to fellow sufferers

So about me - I am disabled I have M.E and Fibromyalgia, I use an electric wheelchair for long distance and if I am having a bad day.
I am married have been for 4 years in June been together since 2006. I am originally from Leeds but I moved down to London with Daniel (husband). Just because he was promised his old job and I thought it would be easier for me to get a job down here. I wasn't in a wheelchair at that point and boy was I wrong took me over a year and I didn't last long in the job because of the commute to work and they made my life hell. I have 3 cats, Charlie 12, Willow is 2 and Rowin coming up to a year old.
I like music, knitting, playing on ps3, spending time with my husband, watching tv. I love rugby and F1 racing
I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks since I was 9 years. I first had one when I went on holiday with my parents in the caravan. This happened everytime we left the house for long periods of time. I was bullied at school so I frequently had panic attacks. It hasn't got better as I got older, I would get them when starting a relationship with a guy, if I didn't have a panic attack then I would carry on seeing them if I did then they got dumped pretty quick.
I never really got treatment for them, my dad thought I was making it up to get out of school and I think he was ashamed.
In 2009 I had a major attack to the point I was nearly sectioned. I didn't eat or sleep for 5 days and nights. I was diagnosed with having a breakdown. I was put on paroxatine and phenergan and have been on them since.
I was promised CBT but it has never happened.

nomorepanic
14-02-13, 12:52
Hi hellan1980

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Baggs
14-02-13, 16:11
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

ynos
14-02-13, 16:43
:welcome:

ricardo
14-02-13, 16:47
Welcome hellan.

You are having a rough time but you are amongst friends here on NMP all with different anxiety problems of varying degrees.I hope you enjoy being part of this community.

Mark13
14-02-13, 17:04
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

Arnie365
15-02-13, 06:20
:welcome: to NMP