PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get this contamination issue

HypoCanuck
14-02-13, 13:13
For years on and off I have this strange symptom where if I was in a public say coffee shop that had public sugar dispensers I was always afraid of the fact someone could of contaminated the contents of the jar. It got to the point I had to ask the front counter clerk for packages of sealed sugar. Then it got on to the milk or cream i had to have a sealed little creamer.

When i buy stuff from the supermarket i have to observe for dents, opens, and dates and make sure it looks like it was not manipulated.

One of the worse ones i used to face was going out for beer, I had to watch my glass constantly in case someone slipped anything in it.

I knew in my head that was totally irrational but it continued for a long time, and then eventually just went away.

Anyone get similar things going on?

When i am the dentist omg i have to ask the dentist to show me the needle coming out of the package as i am worried they will use a used one on me.

TWO years ago i had an endoscopy and everything was fine until 2 years later, about 6 months ago i got a a letter from health canada saying the clinic was pinged for unsanitory measures and that there was a risk of hiv which was at like 10 million to 1 odds and i went nuts, now when i go to get tests i need to make sure i ask them if instruments are clean.. lol

Canadiana
15-02-13, 15:01
Oh God yes!!
Same thing here. I check things well in grocery stores, won't buy it if even looks slightly "off", though most people wouldn't think twice.....
My bf brought home a few groceries, which I put away. There were some crackers, and I'm sure when I put them away, the box was sealed. I wanted some the next day, and the box, and bag was open. I started looking at the crackers, examining all of them, and li and behold one of the crackers looked very strange, I flipped out and no more crackers for me! Lol. I mean I seriously thought I would get poisoned, or high from eating them.
I have a huge fear of being "high" it scares the hell outta me.
I can't eat mushrooms either because of that fear.
Or I get paranoid eating out, cause what if someone dud something to my food/drink etc.
I'm scared of a lot of things, vitamins, prescribed meds my list goes on and on.....

Jamesk
15-02-13, 15:35
TWO years ago i had an endoscopy and everything was fine until 2 years later, about 6 months ago i got a a letter from health canada saying the clinic was pinged for unsanitory measures and that there was a risk of hiv which was at like 10 million to 1 odds

To be fair, if this had happened to me I would have freaked out so much I would still be in orbit and in danger of colliding with that meteor that is doing a fly-by tonight! :roflmao:

HeadInAJar
15-02-13, 18:57
Anyone get similar things going on?

Yes I have similar things. A common one for me is if I buy a bottle of drink with a plastic screw top, I always feel I need to check that the seal part that breaks free when you twist, is in tact. I probably have other things too but thats the one that comes to mind. It also means I get bottles from the back of the shelf/fridge as they are less likely to be touched. Its whats keeping me anxious though so often I just push through and dont check/bother which one I pick up.