PDA

View Full Version : Thread Titles

venusbluejeans
14-02-13, 13:28
Please could Members have a think about the type of titles they are using for threads.

This is for your sake as your choice of title may make a difference to if someone answers your thread or not.

When people look through the 'Active Topic' list they tend to look at the title and make a decision there and then if they have the experience to answer the thread before they even click to read your thread.

It therefore helps if your title lets the reader know about your thread.

There have been quite a few threads recently with titles such as "please Help me" "read this" or just "I need Help"...... These titles although 'dramatic' may tend to get ignored even though the poster needs help.

Titles saying more about your problem are more likely to get you a reply..... such as "panicking about my headache" or "worried about my Heart tests tomorrow" may get more replies as people with experience who can give advice or help will know what the thread is about

Many Thanks

AuntieMoosie
14-02-13, 19:55
I couldn't agree more Venus :)

I always scan the "posts since last visit" and will look out for the one's that I think I may be able to help with.

I tend to bypass the one's saying "read this" "look here" "needs help" as I really don't know what the subject is going to be, I will sometimes look if I've got the time, but if time is limited then I will go for the one's that have an appropriate subject line.

You may write "help me" but you have to remember that nobody will be able to see exactly what help you need :)

If you write something like "Agoraphobic had bad panic attack" then that would instantly get my attention because my brain will pick up both "agoraphobic" and "panic attack" :)

Sorry if this comes over as a "lecture"....it isn't :) it's just that it would make the board easier to read and easier for others to target their help and advice to appropriate threads :)

PanchoGoz
14-02-13, 20:50
I agree with this...I tend to bypass the ones as well that are made to stand out with capitals or loads of punctuation like "AM I DYING" or "Does anyone else have these symptoms????!!!!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?"