PDA

View Full Version : How do you look??

illgetthere
14-02-13, 22:01
Does anyone look in the mirror and wonder where you went what you look like what people think ?

Daisy Sue
14-02-13, 22:25
oh yes... sometimes i look at the strain in my eyes, the tired face, & wonder where did i go? and - possibly more importantly, am i ever going to get the me back that i used to see?

:(

illgetthere
14-02-13, 23:43
I look tired old black eyes dark horrible skin dull everything about me speaks gor itself I get so sad I wish there was an answer to all this :(

zippy
15-02-13, 00:03
Yes me too, I feel wrecked and I look it too. Big black tired eyes, dull dry skin and a worried face.

illgetthere
15-02-13, 11:45
It's not nice really I think at all but my counciler said if your not eating and living off nothing uour not feeding your body any vitamins do uour going to look and feel ill you can't run your car on fresh air can you ? So your body is the same what you put In you get out if we don't change what we do or think how can we complain how we feel?? X

Justinf
15-02-13, 12:00
Five years ago I was running half marathons and then the depression and anxiety took over and now I can barely muster the energry to walk the dog. I hate what it has done to me. I am 6'1" and was a fit 85kg and now I am anything but. This is a pic of me playign cricket last weekend. it's not pretty.

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/19704_159607774192747_344303477_n.jpg

puppyskin
15-02-13, 12:48
I look white,black circles,bloodshot eyes dry skin dry mouth even walking the dog knackers me out recently.

semper solus
15-02-13, 12:56
Every day!!

Sunshine77
15-02-13, 13:02
Me too! I've aged about 10 years over the last couple of months. Pale, puffy eyes, dark circles, grey skin and "rabbit in the headlights" eyes!

Aren't we a pretty bunch?! :roflmao:

for me, my eating habits defo don't help - on a bad day I can barely eat at all and on a good day I'm drawn to all the wrong foods. Trying to get a healthy diet though and have joined a gym today (but it's new and doesn't open till next month!!!)

illgetthere
15-02-13, 13:07
Justin well you might of been tip top then but you must agree your still able very much yo do so right? I mean you did it you got out there and did it regardless of what you was feeling or thinking take the good from that!! we are our worst enemy not depression or anxiety x

meche
15-02-13, 13:13
At least you're active. That makes a huge difference. I was rough last year; put on weight, my skin and hair were dull, I was pale and always tired, no energy. Once I started feeling better I joined the gym which I hated at first but now 4 months on I go 4 times a week and couldn't live without. I feel 100% better! I'm now training for a 54 mile hike in Wales during June. It's tough but it's a challenge I'm really looking forward to.

puppyskin
15-02-13, 13:19
At least you're active. That makes a huge difference. I was rough last year; put on weight, my skin and hair were dull, I was pale and always tired, no energy. Once I started feeling better I joined the gym which I hated at first but now 4 months on I go 4 times a week and couldn't live without. I feel 100% better! I'm now training for a 54 mile hike in Wales during June. It's tough but it's a challenge I'm really looking forward to.
it was only 2 months ago i was walking 2 hrs a day with the dog,now i can barely manage 10 mins and when i do get back i feel exhausted,how did it come to this? will i feel well again? no wonder i think there is something wrong with me,well done to you for what you have achieved :)

meche
15-02-13, 13:41
I think we can all achieve it but we have to really want to.... and that's not easy when anxiety gets in the way. It's not been a pushover for me and I still get days when I think I really can't be arsed but the thought of going back to how it was last year really isn't an option for me. Small steps! xx

Sunshine77
15-02-13, 22:52
Thank you Meche, my first step's been joining the gym, you've just helped with step 2 which is the motivation to actually go there!

meche
16-02-13, 09:00
Good for you! It's not easy to begin with but stick with it. I didn't realise how unfit I had become & I ached for days! I've lost weight which wasn't my main reason for going but it's a bonus! Mentally I feel refreshed, confident & full of life. Good luck. xx

hanshan
16-02-13, 10:40
Hi Justinf,

At least you are active, so there's hope. I have to say, at 6'1", and middle age coming on, you probably need to scale down to the 75 - 80 kg range, as muscle mass decreases (don't worry, I'm in the same bag).

The photo reminds me of seeing Colin Cowdrey bowl during one of his last tours to Australia. Yes, I know he was far better known as a batsman or a safe pair of hands at first slip, but they occasionally let him him bowl an over or two when facing the provincial Northern Eleven at Newcastle.

Take care.

Justinf
16-02-13, 11:54
Hi Justinf,

At least you are active, so there's hope. I have to say, at 6'1", and middle age coming on, you probably need to scale down to the 75 - 80 kg range, as muscle mass decreases (don't worry, I'm in the same bag).

The photo reminds me of seeing Colin Cowdrey bowl during one of his last tours to Australia. Yes, I know he was far better known as a batsman or a safe pair of hands at first slip, but they occasionally let him him bowl an over or two when facing the provincial Northern Eleven at Newcastle.

Take care.
Thanks hanshan. I took 5 for 8 today off 8 overs, so not too bad for an old bloke.
I am comfortable at 90kg. 75kg and I had people asking if I had AIDS. 80kg I was still too skinny. I have broad shoulders and am naturally a big bloke. 90kg is just fine for me. Long way to go to get there though. Hope I can.

hanshan
16-02-13, 12:41
Congratulations on 5 for 8 off 8 overs. Probably very few people you talk to would realise just what an achievement that is, especially for an "old bloke". So, again, congratulations.

Nevertheless, I have to say, muscle mass steadily decreases as you get older, so you have to have to steadily reduce body mass to maintain the same muscle to fat ratio.