PDA

View Full Version : Hi

EllieF
06-09-06, 14:37
Hi, I'm Ellie, I'm 42 and single (alas!) I'm gainfully employed, work quite hard and have suffered from anxiety for quite some time. It flares up and down and right now it's flared up again. I have avoided taking prescribed medication (have heard so many horror stories) but have been working with a great pyschotherapist off and on for the past three years. Have been trying tryptophan for the past two weeks to try to help me through the latest flare up. I think it is having some effect. I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who has tried it (or anything else) for anxiety disorders.

The site looks great and it will be good to hear from other people in the same boat as myself. Luckily I have good friends who help me through some of the rough stuff but it's not the same as someone who has been through it. Ta!

clickaway
06-09-06, 14:46
Hi Ellie,

Haven't taken that drug, as I too see a psychotherapist.

But I just wanted to welcome you here to this great site. I hope we can ease things for you.

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

trac67
06-09-06, 15:00
Hi Ellie,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

jill
06-09-06, 15:10
Hi Ellie :D

WELCOME TO THE SITE

There are lots of nice poeple here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Every thought you think changes your biochemistry.
Your hormones are effected by your thoughts.
Pay attention to stuff that bring you joy.
Look for things that bring you a smile :)

polly daydream
06-09-06, 15:32
Hi Ellie and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

ceecee
06-09-06, 16:06
hi ellie welcome to the forum,you,ll find lots of people here who experience the same things you do!!!it,s good to have people who can relate to how you are feeling isn,t it!!!
take care rachel x

Granny Primark
06-09-06, 18:57
Hi ellis
Welcome to nmp. Im like you i wont take tabs, ive also heard some terrible horror stories.
Youl get some really good advice on here and make friends with people who really understand

Take care
LYNN xx

matilda
06-09-06, 19:37
Hi im another one who would like to avoid meds but i have had them in the past. Welcome to the site you will find it a great help!!!

redbaron
06-09-06, 20:11
hi Ellie

I've only been here 48 hours and already I have found people who have spookily similar symptoms to me, it's very cathartic not to be alone. Doesn't make the probs go away but hell a hug from someone who understands is a good place to start.

I hope you find peace here

Dom x

“There is a certain sort of man who ignores his own good qualities but is tormented by his bad ones, this is the man who writes about himself.”
-W. Somerset Maugham

kitty24
06-09-06, 20:13
Hey Ellie,

Like you mine is up and down, one month good one month bad, i took citalopram which helped as with reading a lot of books about self help techniques and breathing excercises. Hope you feelin ok today:-)

yorkylover
06-09-06, 20:31
Hi Ellie you will get some great advice here.you are not alone with your problems.
Take care.:)

Ellen XX

honeybee3939
06-09-06, 20:42
Hi Ellie

A BIG warm welcome to you !!

Love

Andrea
xxx

EllieF
07-09-06, 00:03
Thanks everyone -- nice bunch (hooray!)

manmoor
07-09-06, 08:09
Hi Ellie,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

mad_shell66
07-09-06, 08:20
:Dhi ellie, welcome aboard!
you will get loads of information and make loads of friends.

take care
shellxx:D

nomorepanic
11-09-06, 20:00
Hi Ellie

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola