PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety- scared

boyceanxiety
15-02-13, 09:36
Hi, i have been suffering from health anxiety, every little pain or twitch makes me think i have got something seriously wrong like now i'm thinking i have blood poisioning from a pain from my kneck that runs down into my arm, see i am only 16 and already i have thought i'm having a stroke, got ms, got a brain tumour etc.. Althoughi have been tested up at the hospital for everything n everything came back normal, i have been put on diazapan and resperidone to try and stop me from thinking these but its all very worrying :( thinking its going to last rest of my life, would love to know its not just me suffering from this...

dlr108
15-02-13, 10:26
blood poisioning is a serious medical emergencey you would be going around thinking you have it

stroke in young people is rare and at your age.its extremley rare

ms develops usually between the age of 20-40 so dont worry too much about that

alot of pain with anxiety is physcosamatic meaning u read some symptom thinking you have it you develop the symptom such as pain muscle tension causes alot of anxiety pain as well

my advice dont google anything medical ive done this for the past few months thinking i had all sorts